Problems with service

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
This is the worst Internet I have ever had. I didn't even want to get it, but didn't have a choice. It has went down every month the past five months. They should pay me to have this service! I would rather spend the money and get out of my contract. This company is a joke!
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • Irritated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of John Robinson

John Robinson

• 9 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Absolutely! Could not agree more!
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
I’m sorry you feel that way, Ashley.This is not the impression we want you to have. Please allow us the chance to review your account and see how we can assist. Please send us an email with your account and contact info to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you 
Photo of Susan Jenulis

Susan Jenulis

• 45 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
If you do not like satellite internet service, go to land line internet.  If you do not have  access to land line internet provider, either make the best out of what you have by learning how to keep connections active and how to problem solve.  I've been with them for 9 years and it has not been entirely smooth.  I'm okay with the inconsistencies of satellite service as there are no other choices for me other than satellite internet.  I went through a difficult period where I could not stay connected due to a software problem on their new wifi modem that was sent to me.  It was a month before it was up and running dependably.  They credited my bill for that  time period, and things are once again running smoothly.  I know I will run into more internet issues in the future,  I'm okay with that. Without exede, I would not have enough speed and connectivity to run my voip phone, wifi cell phone, and movie streaming.  I am not a techie, but I know troubleshooting is a skill, and some responsibility resides with the user to help pinpoint the problem.  
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3051 Posts
  • 1273 Reply Likes
We would be happy to help you learn to manage your usage and, make the most of satellite internet service as many of us do here. If you are not willing to learn and make the most of what you have, perhaps paying the early termination fee is a better option for you.

It isn't terrible, it's a lot better than no internet or slow dial up, or even expensive cellular service (that is usually very limited or unlimited ONLY on the phone itself and, you need a strong signal to get a decent speed from that.)

Yes we have to deal with high latency, we can't change the laws of physics. We deal with weather outages, can't stream, game or download anything willy nilly whenever we feel like it and we need to manage our settings in every program and app on every device we allow to use our connections but, it's not as hard to learn as it sounds to be at first.

Of course we do also have the option to purchase more high speed data - useful now and then when we have to do a huge download or, find anther reason it's worth going over our limits for and, we don't want to be slowed for doing whatever used the large chunk of data.