Why can I NOT see a 150GB plan offering for my account?

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
I see other customers post in this blog that a 150GB plan is available.  The largest plan that I see is available under my account is 50GB.  Why is that?
Photo of William Bensch

William Bensch

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • disappointed

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3048 Posts
  • 1069 Reply Likes
Hi William

Those plans vary by location. Some areas where less customers are have more bandwidth to go around and as a result may see that plan. Others may be a little packed and not a lot flexibility and as a result the plan may not appear. However early 2018 we'll see robust plans released from ViaSat 2 being able to take customers in
Photo of William Bensch

William Bensch

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I live in a rural area with few people.  Why is the bandwidth limited out here?  It seems to me that if there are fewer customers, there would be more bandwidth to go around.  Is there a projected date for the ViaSat-2 satellite to be online for your customers?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3048 Posts
  • 1069 Reply Likes
The beams are several miles long. Some beams can cover an entire state. Others multiple counties. ViaSat 2 is releasing early 2018 sometime in the first few months. Some of our more open areas may be available to test so I'd keep an eye for that potentially on my.exede.net