Why are we receiving 100% used email before receiving 70% email?

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Acknowledged
We are receiving the 100% out of data email first then later get the 70% data used email. Why are we receiving them backwards. Also would be nice to have access to the esvt tool again for those of us that do not wish to use Facebook.
Photo of David S.

David S.

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1083 Posts
  • 352 Reply Likes
Not sure about the notification part of your question. I recommend signing up for text alerts. You can check usage quickly whenever you like.
Photo of David S.

David S.

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

We have one cell phone and I'm not willng to give out its number online only to be hacked later. Already receive too many junk calls as it is. Myself I would never even want a cell phone.

Thank for the reply for other options though.

Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1083 Posts
  • 352 Reply Likes
No problem. I’ve not had any issues, but I understand.
Photo of Sue Smith

Sue Smith

• 23 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
We received a 100% of data used email.  It caused friction in the house for to say the least.  Went on line and that meter showed 73%.  Why doesn't EXEDE fix this?
Photo of David S.

David S.

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Something screwy is going on at ViaSat, I just logged into account management and it shows that we have not gone over yet (78% used of 10 GB allowance).

I don't understand getting the 100% data used email if were not over the limit yet, and getting it before getting the 70% data used email makes no sense at all to me.

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3063 Posts
  • 1284 Reply Likes
Sounds like the computer sent the wrong automated email, got the 70% and 100% auto emails backwards LOL Likely just a confuzzled computer program.
Photo of James

James

• 333 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
proof that they say the meters are correct but yet they throw out 100 percent emails before getting a 70 percent email all while your data is showing 5gb lol
Photo of Daniel Ulery

Daniel Ulery

• 27 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Something is definitely going wrong with their email system, and likely other things. My Wildblue connection was supposed to get restored to normal speed back in early December. I received no email. Waited a week or two since I've never known my speed to reset immediately (I guess someone has to do it manually?) Meter was obviously less than 70% on both upload and download.

Called tech support. Lady was nice, but had no clue about WB. I asked why I didn't get an email and she said she didn't think they sent emails out for having speeds restored. I pointed out I received my last one in August. I'm still at dial-up speeds 2 and 1/2 months later. The only thing the lady could do was tell me my speeds were showing as restored. I was going to run a speed test, but after 5 minutes or so I decided it wasn't possible.

I've had contact with at least one viasat employee on here about this multiple times. I keep being told it's going to be escalated. Last time I asked whether the person who it gets escalated to would answer whether they still send emails. As seems to be the case, escalation means into the trash can.

The only thing that really keeps me from raising a bigger fuss is the possibility of getting acceptable plans with the new satellite.