• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3086 Posts
  • 1087 Reply Likes
Hello Richard, 
We are in the process of improving our customer-facing data tools. We do not know the ETA of when this will be made available yet
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
@Richard I use  Networx and that can be set up to show daily internet usage but DOESN'T tell what program  used internet. Just how much you used. Also can set it up to tell you how many MB you can use per day. Like I have 12 GB. Divided by 31 so can use 387 MB a day. If don't use that much that day it's added to next day. Don't know if this helps you or not.
Photo of radbus

radbus

• 28 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Only works while pc is awake. And doesn't tell what other devices are using. I have it too. Also Exede has my data usage going up and I'm using it less. I am even turning the WIFI off on all devices when not using..... So what's up with that?
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
The only thing can think of is something is updating or checking for updates. I have modem plugged into computer and the other night browser was off. I was just working on cards nothing that was online and yet on little graph that is on task manager was showing usage not much up and down. Have no idea why or what was causing it.
Photo of FU

FU

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
If your WiFi is off you will not get updates unless you are hardwired into the router. I have been unplugging the Exede modem when I am off line and a 100 MB data bleed has disappeared. I have noticed that the modem sends data to the satellite frequently when I have unplugged the ethernet from the modem. Powering the modem down when not in use eliminated my data bleed and now my usage compares closely with Exede's numbers.