silver plan no freedom 150

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Acknowledged
after I went over 150 gb of data my speed exactly like the freedom plan my speed went down to nothing cant even do a speed test and if on rare occasions I get one done it is like 0.025 what gives I know i would be prioritized but man not shut down.
Photo of Barry Paepcke

Barry Paepcke

• 94 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 175 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
I will say that since the unlimited plans came out, for me, Beam 329 (VA), speeds have declined. I just tested my download and it is 2.1 mbps. (9:30p)  I am on the Freedom 150. I have used less than 20G and a week to go before the new month starts. Speeds had been ok prior to the new plan (we only got one new unlimited plan).
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3252 Posts
  • 1866 Reply Likes
The holidays will certainly be a challenge with performance this year. Probably even worse than what is always a very slow time for Exede to work.

Maybe home for the holidays would be a bad idea.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2137 Posts
  • 1060 Reply Likes
What are your speeds outside of primetime?
Photo of Nicole Chappell Phillips

Nicole Chappell Phillips

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What areas are you using Exede (state)? I’m interested in more info on the unlimited and “prioritized” versus freedom pass after your data allowance used any advise?
Photo of Barry Paepcke

Barry Paepcke

• 94 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I am on beam 319 in Ohio outside of prime time my speed is around 10mbs to 20mbs but from 5pm to 3am my speed is .025 to nothing.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1082 Posts
  • 351 Reply Likes
Any idea how much data you have used total this billing cycle?  
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3063 Posts
  • 1283 Reply Likes
Barry, that sounds like something that is possible on Unlimited at very congested times on your beam. You are seeing good speeds off peak so, I suspect that is all it is. 

Unfortunately, not much anyone can do for that until VS2 is online in a few months.
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2737 Posts
  • 1717 Reply Likes
I am on the 12 Mbps Freedom plan  in upstate NY, beam 314. Prior to the introduction of the new Unlimited plans a few weeks ago, my speeds were generally in the 18 to 20 Mbps range during the day and 8 to 10 Mbps during the evenings. Lately, speeds during the day are in the 10 to 12 Mbps range, while the prime time evening now are averaging 1.8 to 2.5 Mbps.

I think that with the new unlimited plans, more people are streaming both movies and TV and getting rid of their satellite TV services. This will only get worse until ViaSat 2 is put in service in early 2018. I am sure that during the holidays, speeds will degrade even more, as people will be home more, kids out of school, and the new devices and widgets are put into service.

This being said, patience will be your best virtue, speeds will be back in 2018 as ViaSa 2 picks up some of the load.