Service Issues

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Hi,For the past 4 days internet has been down in my office and everyday I’ve been calling your CS to hear the same dull message of a partial outage in my area with no time estimate on when I will have my service back. Do you understand that you are providing a service to running businesses that relies heavily on the internet to conduct their business and generate money to pay for your service? I doubt that. I have never seen a respectable ISP that had an outage for that long period without having a contingency plan for their customers, This is ridiculous and shows how irresponsible you are towards your customers. I pay more $180 monthly and this is higher than any other ISP monthly subscription and this is the lousy service I get!!??? Your CS agent’s respond to my complaint is that she hasn’t got a magic button to press to turn on the internet?? That’s the best training you got them? This is a joke!I need a supervisor to contact me today on to resolve this or I’m closing my account and stop payments.
Photo of Ahmed El Manharawy

Ahmed El Manharawy

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello Ahmed, 

This is surely not the experience we want you to have. We always strive to provide better service to meet the needs of our customers. I’m sorry to hear that your concerns were not addressed properly. Please allow us the opportunity to help and address with this matter. Please send us your account and contact info to exedelistens@viasat.com at your earliest convenience.    Thank you 

Ahmed El Manharawy

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I already did few hours ago on the same email address but apparently Exede doesn't listen
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3063 Posts
  • 1283 Reply Likes
Same here, called day 1. Was told it would be fixed by midday of day 2. Was not fixed, called day 3 - was told still working on it would be fixed soon. Day 4 (Today) called this morning, was told still working on it, would be fixed in 4-5 hours. Wasn't fixed after 5 hours, called again, was told it would be fixed in about an hour. Still not fixed 1.5 hours later so, called again. Was told it would be fixed by 16:00 Mountain time, that's in 24 minutes so, we shall see.

What happens is modem shows online according to the lights but NO data is getting from the gateway to the internet, or visa versa. Power cycle the modem and, it works for anywhere form 5 minutes to two hours, then have to power cycle again.

Ahmed El Manharawy

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
is it fixed?

Ahmed El Manharawy

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
wow you're lucky you're getting 5min-2hrs everytime you reboot. i havent got any uptime since Monday
Photo of Danielle Brennan

Danielle Brennan

• 82 Posts
  • 119 Reply Likes
I have had my connection for 7 days and 12 hours. Usually only lose connection with severe storms or the occasional maintenance downtime, but the maintenance is usually done when I am in dreamland.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3063 Posts
  • 1283 Reply Likes
Well, still not fixed. It's the SLC core node having issues. Finally got a hold of a tech that would actually talk to me and not just tell me to reboot and be patient. They keep applying what amounts to bandaids but, that doesn't last long. Power cycling does get ti back for a short time but, until they actually get a permanent fix in place, it's going to keep going out.

Now if your modem lights actually show disconnected, that's a different issue and you should contact them, with this one, the modem thinks it's still connected but, you can't access any websites and, any ping test will time out 4 times with 100% packet loss.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3695 Posts
  • 3712 Reply Likes
Going through SLC core node here, but have only noticed the symptom the last two or three days around 5:00 - 5:30 AM - all the lights are on but nobody's home and corrected with a power cycle - perhaps coincidental that it's occurring for me right around the end of LNFZ or perhaps I'm simply not on during the other instances.

Sounds to me that with all of the complexity introduced with various plan offerings and different rules something is amiss there - makes me somewhat glad I'm still on an original classic plan - there's something to be said for simplicity.

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3063 Posts
  • 1283 Reply Likes
Seems okay so far today (since about 8 PM MST yesterday) but the node in question isn't nearing capacity yet, too early in the day and, it has been fine overnight all along. If it's good until noon, I'll assume it's finally fixed for good, or at least the band aid is staying put this time. :)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3063 Posts
  • 1283 Reply Likes
Nope not fixed and, SOME of those tech people really need to learn how to listen and, learn what is and is not a VPN answers.ea.com is NOT a VPN, Slack.com is NOT a VPN. fool tech said they were so it was my problem if they didn't work. Then claimed I didn't reset my router when in fact I did.

Larry needs to GTFO tech support. I do this everyday for another company, I don't need dip wits telling me anything privately owned that needs a password or has it's own servers is a VPN. NO it isn't, almost every major companies website would be a VPN if that were the case. Not amusing when lack of service is costing me time and money and my only choice is to hang up on the idiot and figure out the solution on my own.

By the way, power cycling the modem is a great bandaid fix, just annoying to have to do it multiple times a day, and, have virtual meetings interrupted because of it.

5-6 times, they have put a temporary fix on it, and it works fine until some dim wit removes the temporary fix BEFORE a permanent fix is found. HELLO, you don't remove the bandaid until you know how to stop the bleeding if the bandaid is keeping it from bleeding to death. Don't undo a temporary fix until you find the permanent fix, then down for 1-4 hours and back up with the fix in place.

Exede SLC seems not to understand that. they keep removing the temporary fix even though they don't have a permanent fix. I'd be out on my tail bone in a heartbeat if I ever removed or even told a customer to remove a temporary fix when I didn't have a permanent fix to replace it with IMMEDIATELY.
(Edited)