rm5110 switch off leds

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I have an RM5111 satellite modem/router for tooway/SkyDSL. I would like to be able to switch off the light (it really lights up my sleeping room). Any way to do this ?
Photo of Pieter Baasje

Pieter Baasje

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of David Kingman

David Kingman

• 57 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
I doubt it. We have a power strip with a bright light on it in our bedroom. We put it under the bed. That lessens the intensity a bit.
Photo of Dan White

Dan White

• 86 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Black electric tape?
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 360 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
If you can't relocate your router to another room then just unplug the power to it when you go to bed...that's a sure way to turn off the lights..☺☺☺
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3047 Posts
  • 1069 Reply Likes
Not that I'm aware of unfortunately. I myself have used a little tape over the lights.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3700 Posts
  • 3719 Reply Likes
LightDims - http://lightdims.com/ - some other commercial brands available, pricey but if worried about tape residue or getting them off eventually are made for that purpose. I've got some I picked up for free at a trade show a few years back from one of the security vendors - used to cover the built in web camera on lap tops and such.  
(Edited)
Photo of Pieter Baasje

Pieter Baasje

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK Thanks to all. My other WIFI router's LEDs can be switched off using the online GUI. Pity the Viasat box doesn't have this especially since it's lights are enormous... (by the way, sorry, the title says 5110 but I do have a RM5111.