Slow Speeds Beam 329 - Not Over Data Allowance

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
I am sure everyone in my area is having the same issues, but for the first time in a while I am unable to even browse basic sites in Beam 329.  From 8:00 PM to now at 10:22 PM on 5.15.2017 I am getting sub 50 Kbps speeds.  Sites are failing to load or time out.

Sky is clear.  Signals good on modem.  This is a traffic issue.  Guessing all the kids home from college are overwhelming things.  Or is it just our turn to suffer for a few weeks in a "rolling data brownout" type situation?  I notice different regions seem to have problems for a time and then suddenly they are working OK and the next area starts having problems.

Anyway - very frustrating and very problematic.  Worked fine up until yesterday and then things started running terrible.  

Any info you are actually willing to share would be apprciated.
Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2258 Posts
  • 428 Reply Likes
Hi Brian,  No,  We are not showing any issues in your beam at this time.   It may very well be the internet traffic that is impacting your speeds.

When the speeds are slowed, it is always a good idea to reboot the modem and clear cache, cookies, and history in your browsers.