Pay 150.00 a month for unlimited and used 150gbs now I can barely get .5mbs speed!! This is ridiculous!

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Problem with speed on so-called unlimited plan. 
Photo of Tracey Meadows

Tracey Meadows

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2685 Posts
  • 848 Reply Likes
Hi Tracey

You should see priority speed outside of the peak hours. If you are seeing that speed now (morning) we'll want to look at it. Could you either call us at 855-463-9333 or email
Photo of Erik

• 7 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Yeah its insane. Same thing here! After 150GB you pretty much don't have internet. So you basically pay 150 a month for internet you can only use half the month.
Photo of Jeff Calhoon

Jeff Calhoon

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I cant even get that and i havent used hardly any data
Photo of Barry Paepcke

Barry Paepcke

• 90 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
it has to do with prioritize data if you are on a congested beam your speed will be slowed down after 150 gb I have gone over to like 165 gb my speed Iiimaintains 8 to 10 mbs cause I am not on a congested beam.
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 226 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
You might try hooking a computer directly to the modem with an ethernet cable and see what kind of results you get.  Lots of problems with the wifi on those modems.
Photo of Bradley

• 823 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
Knock on wood, my WiFi modem is fine. Actually it’s a step up from what I was using. I think there must be a difference between older WiFi modems and the new ones (never had the older ones as it wasn’t available where I live for whatever reason).