For the past three weeks my Android devices have been unable to use Exede for the internet. They had no problems before that. My other devices (Windows and Linux) do not have a problem.
I have replaced and/or bypassed every network device. New WiFi, new router,
latest firmware, bypassed switches. EVERYTHING but the Exede modem. I've
done power cycles, with other devices, with no other devices. I can
take the Androids to all kinds of other service providers/WiFi and
connect just fine. I've checked that the Windows devices can use the
exact same WiFi without a problem.
I can connect to the modem's status page with no delays. Google's home page takes three minutes or never connects.
I tried Exede's chat and all they could give me is to use their "OFFICIAL POWER CYCLE" and if it didn't work to call in.
I called in. All I got was to contact the Android manufactures and see if
they had an update that caused it or could fix it. One of these devices
is over two years old and Samsung has not and does not plan on updating
it. I even dug out an old Motorola Xoom that hasn't been on for a year
(but worked on Exede fine then) and it has the same problem. All the
devices are different models. Why would they ALL start to have a problem
at the same time?
Because my other devices work and they don't
see anything out of range from their end, Exede claims absolutely no
responsibility, yet their equipment is the only one not replaced. They
absolutely refuse to send a new modem to try.
Anybody have an idea on what to try next besides looking for a competitor?
I would not blame Exede if my custom rig connected but, my Dell did not, I'd blame the Dell and, set about finding out what was wrong with it's software or hardware.
It isn't the Android updates because I pulled out a Motorola Xoom that hasn't even be powered on for a year, when it last worked with everything else. It immediately had the same problem.
Old Labs was the only one to mention the mobile app, since that has nothing to do with this issue. This is about devices behind the Sonicwall, not devices outside trying to connect via VPN.
Exede Internet + SonicWall + Apple products == no Internet
It seems to be the combination of above that triggers the problem. My Windows based laptop worked fine when connected to the Exeded + SonicWall environment -- great speed tests, etc. but the Apple Mac's can't even load web pages.
iPhones / iPads seem to be affected too.
In the environment where I am seeing this issue, I can confirm that the SonicWall was completely UNTOUCHED and working great with Exede for almost 4 years.
I suspect that Exede changed something that triggered the issue (maybe pushed a FW update to their modem?).
Let the finger pointing begin.....
software so it may have affected how your router is working.
The SonicWALL may need to be updated by the manufacturer. There may
have been an update to SonicWALL software and their security protocol.
Does Exede Internet work when directly connected
to the modem?
Please send your account and contact
information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate further. Thanks
This affects not only Android devices, but also Apple and Unix/Linux devices. I have multiple Apple/Android/Linux (10+) devices that simply will not work at home with Exede, but when I bring them to my office(s) where I have Fiber/Cable they work fine. (We use Sonicwall Firewalls at my office). When I swap out my business class Sonicwall firewall with a 10 year old consumer firewall, they work fine (but I lose the features of the Sonicwall).
So, the bottom line is, both Sonicwall and Exede know about this problem, have known about the problem for several months at this point, and have not fixed it.
That will get you started at following some of the history.