Slow speeds

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
OK HAVE HAD ENOUGH!   Freedom 150 customer fully paid up ! Download speed 0.08 upload 0.00  wonderful!!!!!!! speed!
Photo of Gillian Ernsberger

Gillian Ernsberger

• 13 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
  • annoyed/angry

Posted 2 years ago

Gillian Ernsberger

• 13 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Have already been chatting to Exede ,who ran a check and yes there was a problem. Tech came ,nice guy, amazingly my speed miraculously jumped to 12.85! obviously no problem found..yet from 6pm onwards yes you guessed it download speed 0.53!and similar ever since! I gather too many freedom customers in this area so one beam shut off! so my question is , why am I paying $117 a month for a terrible service?? iSN'T THIS BREACH OF CONTRACT???
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2215 Posts
  • 417 Reply Likes
Hi Gillian, There may be beam congestion during that time which is common for all internet carriers. Please see below.

Q: Why do my speeds vary at times when I haven’t used 150 GB of monthly dat
a? A: The speed of the internet service may vary due to, among other factors, network or internet congestion, the number of users in a household at a particular time, the caliber of in-home networking connections, computer performance (including the presence of viruses or malware), the limitations of different devices (such as a smartphone versus a desktop computer) and severe weather.
Photo of Rhonda Rose

Rhonda Rose

• 14 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
No, this not acceptable or "common". Speeds on Freedom plan are below 1 and 2 mbps, basically no data access.

Gillian Ernsberger

• 13 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Only one laptop in use due to poor speed. Unable to stream anything Tried Netflix, no joy, all it does is try to keep downloading! Am stuck for 2 years in this nightmare!!!!!!!
Photo of Imma

Imma

• 29 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
 They changed out my modem with a new one and the speeds are the same, like yours. 1 - 2.   No one would ever sign up for a plan like this.   But I have been a customer since 2012 and am more than fed up.
(Edited)