No Service!

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
haven't had service for about 2 months except here and there so I want to cancel service since I'm not under a contract anymore.  No need to help me since your techs will say there is a tree in the way, which is true because that is where they put the dish.  So either move it for no charge, fix my problem with service or cancel my account.  Good Day!
Photo of Kiowa

Kiowa

• 30 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
  • Angry

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I'm confused? The dish has been there for 2 yrs now then? So the tree has just now become a problem or what?
Photo of Kiowa

Kiowa

• 30 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Tree has always been there and always been an issue. Wait do you even work for exede?
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I guess our point is, if line of sight has always been an issue why wait till your 2yrs are up to ask fro someone to come redo the install?
Photo of Kiowa

Kiowa

• 30 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I have numerous times, techs have been here 3 times.  Last tech agreed that the installer put it in a bad location.  You're a curious little fellow there, almost too curious.
Photo of Knight Rider

Knight Rider

• 957 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
no just trying to understand the situation to better advise you of your options
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2681 Posts
  • 1680 Reply Likes
Trees grow naturally. Exede can't be held responsible for that.
Photo of Kiowa

Kiowa

• 30 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
The tree hasn't grown and the service has always been crap in the summer just never this bad but it's always been an issue because of location. So yeah you here to help?
(Edited)
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1667 Posts
  • 985 Reply Likes
Wait until winter, after the leaves fall off...  it may improve.
Photo of Kiowa

Kiowa

• 30 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I really don't need to, not in a contract. Only had it for unlimited at night for work so I can upload large files otherwise I use my t-mobile hotspot.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3602 Posts
  • 3589 Reply Likes
Send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com including your account and contact info  - they have no way of knowing who Kiowa is nor do they have access to your GetSatisfaction profile's email address.

Only they can assist you in canceling your service and after two years there are unlikely to be any free fixes - the expiration date for having line of sight issues address has long passed unless you've got some evidence that the line of sight standards weren't met on install.
(Edited)
Photo of Kiowa

Kiowa

• 30 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
You're a fancy little squirrel with the best denims.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2191 Posts
  • 409 Reply Likes
 Hi Kiowa, Your satisfaction is important to us! I can truly understand your frustration.  Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com, as mentioned by the Champions, so we can review your account.  Look forward to assisting you.