Changed my mind about Exede Voice service

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Service just installed yesterday. Had ordered the exede voice but called to cancel just few days later. They acted like no problem. The guy that came to set it up said he was suppose to set it up. I told him I didn't want it. My bill has already posted not had service 24 he yet but have bill due 90 some dollars.. and I paid for equipment lease all up front. Been on hold 15 minutes. When called to order was very quick call no hold time. Think I made big mistake. No trail period. You're locked in when equipment is set up.
Photo of Kimberly ratliff

Kimberly ratliff

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Kimberly ratliff

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm still on hold! Been at least 45 minutes. 45 minutes of my life wasted. Thanks exede. Hey exede the unemployment rate is very high. What about hiring more customer service reps. They told me hold time 15 minutes.
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2737 Posts
  • 1717 Reply Likes
Kimberly, you are billed for the upcoming month, like most internet, satellite tv, phone and cable services. It is Saturday, don't know if the billing folks are there on the weekends. Send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com, along with your account number and phone number. The social media moderators are Exede employees, and will get you an answer fairly quickly.

Kimberly ratliff

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Finally got through to someone. Found out I was billed for exede voice he gave me credit but it will be on next bill. I hated 90 dollars out of my bill. Also asked for estimate of next bill he said 59.99 plus some taxes and lease few. That scared me I've paid up front 199.00 for 2 year lease. Have feeling next month I'll be calling back to get credit for 9.99. That's good to know but don't know about account number. I's it on my account. I was on hold about 1 hour. They told me customer service was better than Hughes net. Weekend is about only time I could call due to my work schedule. Can they deal with issues through email.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2215 Posts
  • 417 Reply Likes
Hi Kimberly, Thank you your patience. If you paid a pre-paid lease fee, you will not be charged for that on you bill for the next 24 months. I apologize you were billed for voice service. Did you request this service or receive any equipment associated with our voice service?  Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com and will sort all of this out for you and provide you with your account number. Thanks