Need help with correct azimuth for VSAT1 at 115.1 so that I can cut some trees!

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I have had exede internet for 6 days now. I like it a lot. I do need you fine folks to help me please. I have some trees blocking the satellites path. The technician told me. My SNR level is at very best 4.6 which is low. When it rains it drops to just .9 to 1.5. So I have to get this issue taken care of. Now what I need to know is what would the azimuth be for my location so that I will know what trees to cut down? I live near Breeden, WV 25666. Can you folks help me? I am not trying to move the dish. It has already been setup and aimed and peaked. I can use the internet but when the weather gets bad I suffer. Thanks Lee!
Photo of LeeS

LeeS

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of gokartergo24

gokartergo24

• 4 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 480 Posts
  • 155 Reply Likes
Once you remove the trees blocking your satellite signal path, your SNR level should become about 9.0 to 9.6 or so, when the weather is clear.  If it is still less than that, your dish will likely need some additional adjustment.
Photo of LeeS

LeeS

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks Everyone for your help! I really appreciate it.
Photo of LeeS

LeeS

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hey folks! I now have 8.57 SNR up from 4.6. What do you guys think. There could maybe be one more huge tree top blocking some:? Thanks Lee!
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 480 Posts
  • 155 Reply Likes
Actually, given your location and that your signal goes through more atmosphere than mine does, your 8.57 SNR looks about what it should be, given no blockages at all.  It also means that your signal is 2.5 times the strength it previously was.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2272 Posts
  • 1977 Reply Likes
I have 8.3 and have great service.  Sounds fine to me.
Photo of LeeS

LeeS

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks Jim16! I appreciate your reply! I have great speeds. I have been getting up to 23mbs during busy times. I live in dingess WV. I am in beam 327! I couldn't get anything but dial up before exede. I work at a local college as a information systems technician. I know that exede's speeds are much slower than at college but I am very thankful for exede. I works fine for me. I talked to frontier and asked them when they planned on getting dsl in my area. They sort of laughed and said probably never. I think it is so cool to be able to get internet service over satellite anyway! Thanks Lee!
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 480 Posts
  • 155 Reply Likes
So, Frontier copped exactly the same attitude towards you that they did towards me.
Photo of Mike Owens

Mike Owens

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ditto - Frontier game me the same reply. I am in the Thumb of MI.
Photo of LeeS

LeeS

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I have the voice package with my internet. Have you guys used it. I may down the road tell frontier to cancel our land line phone and just use exede phone service! The lines around here are old copper wires and they have been patched so many times that when it rains you have no phone service a lot of the time.