LOVE my Freedom plan that is 150gbs of data! THANK YOU EXEDE!

• Praise
  • Updated 8 months ago
hiyall exede people. i LOVE my freedom plan SO MUCH. ive been on my freedom plan since... last year :3 also this month almost 1 year ago of me getting the freedom plan! :D also i LOVE it so much :D also ive been doing alotta downloading videos of anime and also ive been streaming youtube videos and i ONLY used this much data hold on :3

ONLY 3% =^o^= AND SO FAR IMMA LOVING IT :D THANK YOU EXEDE SO MUCH FOR THE GOOD SERVICE FROM YOU TO ME :3 had NO problems what so ever! thank you SO MUCH :D and i WOULDNT trade ANY other services out there execpt for you!!! <3 also... imma very THANKFUL that you guys have served it in my area last year. if not then i wouldnt know how i would be able to be on the same ol 10gbs of my hotspot for 100$. which i can get about... 150gbs for 143$ THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! <3
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 721 Posts
  • 346 Reply Likes
  • happy and thankful that exede is giving me good services :3

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 50 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
So happy for you!  Some of us can't afford the plan you're on, and most of us have issues and we're not as happy, according to the numerous complaint emails I get from this community daily. You seem to be the only one praising Exede on a regular basis. Do you get a kickback for rave reviews?

I am very conservative and I try to use my Free Zone as much as possible so I don't exceed my data limit. I see the other big satellite provider is now faster and their free zone starts at 2 AM instead of 3, which would be awesome for me.  I've set my alarm so I could get up and communicate with friends on the west coast, and watch something together on Netflix, only to find I had no internet because of maintenance, which we're never notified about beforehand.

When I've contacted Customer Service about this, and I was very upset because our viewing party took some coordination and my issue was solely the reason everyone had to cancel, and we've yet to be able to coordinate another event because of everyone's schedules, I was offered nothing except an apology. No compensation for not having what you pay for!
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2882 Posts
  • 962 Reply Likes
I think probably for extra reassurance is that once on it will double our ENTIRE bandwidth. The reason Freedom isn't offered everywhere is due to bandwidth thresholds on the current satellite. With 100% more space we'll have a lot more wiggle room. To keep the ball rolling ViaSat 3 is scheduled right behind it to launch by 2020
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2882 Posts
  • 962 Reply Likes
As a company we'd rather have Freedom or better everywhere as that's our most sought out plan
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3004 Posts
  • 1247 Reply Likes
I will be thrilled when you can give everyone 300 GB per month - years away I'm sure but, might be coming someday. With that, we could cut the cord, get our video entertainment fix and, have reasonable internet speeds for everything else we do online too. :)

I remember when 17 GB on a rolling 30 day usage calculator was the best plan WildBlue had - now 30 everywhere, 50 a lot of places and, 150 in some areas. That is a big improvement, not even counting the faster speeds. (which seem to be tanked by congestion for a lot of people, a good bit of the time.)
Photo of Joshua Serra

Joshua Serra

• 42 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
That's a fantastic goal and one I'm really hoping works out. To be completely honest it's the only reason I haven't switched providers yet. The 25 gig plan with 12-5 free zone or the 30 gig liberty plan are the top offers in my area. I didn't want to get locked into a contract somewhere else with the hope of Freedom like plans around the corner. 
Photo of Joshua Serra

Joshua Serra

• 42 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
That's a fantastic goal and one I'm really hoping works out. To be completely honest it's the only reason I haven't switched providers yet. The 25 gig plan with 12-5 free zone or the 30 gig liberty plan are the top offers in my area. I didn't want to get locked into a contract somewhere else with the hope of Freedom like plans around the corner. 
Photo of Winston Shaffer

Winston Shaffer

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Since there really is no other option to get anywhere near the speed, the cost is worth every penny to me.  I have had the Freedom Plan for several months, this is the first month I exceeded the 150 GB (dang kids watching to many HD streaming). During the day, the speed is great but at night (after 4) there is a substantial slow down.  I am hoping the satellite will allow more after 4 PM speed but overall very happy.
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 10 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Did your plan say you were supposed to have a free zone like this? Freedom 150 GB - Boost 25 + WiFi
  • How Fast

Mbps

• How Much
    150 GB/mo.

• 3 AM - 6 AM

• Bonus Features:

Integrated dual-band WiFi Router (802.11 a/b/g/n)
    Integrated Exede Voice adapter (phone service optional)

$109.99/mo.

When I tried to change to it, it will not give me the free zone and customer service says it is not available. This is false advertising. They need to give us the free zone.
(Edited)
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 522 Posts
  • 365 Reply Likes
Why are you bumping up to two year old threads with this? 
Photo of briman

briman

• 96 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Actually from what I read on exede website it does say that free zone is not available for the Freedom plan because of the bandwidth already provided.....I think the free zone if for liberty plans
and others besides the Freedom 150GB plan
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3316 Posts
  • 3300 Reply Likes
Exactly, not false advertising but appears to be a user interface bug in the widget being used (I.e. not disabling free zone selection when 150 GB is selected - some progammers are more thorough than others. 
Photo of briman

briman

• 96 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
ah ok...well I'm not an exede customer yet so must be a bug in the customer portal then 
(Edited)
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 10 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Are you kidding me? They say it is available, they should honor it. I wonder what the FCC will think about it.
Photo of briman

briman

• 96 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
i would hope they would 
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3293 Posts
  • 3271 Reply Likes
The FCC will think absolutely nothing - they're incapable of rational thought. But what does it say when you choose select? Is that when you're told it's unavailable?

I typically don't kid.
(Edited)
Photo of briman

briman

• 96 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I'm sorry I misread the post as exede honoring the change of plan

I agree with Old Labs...we only have to look at whom heads the FCC now and the end of Net Neutrality :/
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 10 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Well they didn't honor it.  I don't even use the free zone and I am a  dba/developer. Having sloppy developers working for you is no excuse. It is the principal of the thing.
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3293 Posts
  • 3271 Reply Likes
What do you mean didn't honor it? Did you submit and get a confirmation or submit and get a message saying it's unavailable - as I asked before, what happened on choosing the Select button???

As a self-professed dba/developer I'm sure your aware of the difference between an automated process error and false advertising - in other words did you order and they accepted (in which case they should deliver) or was the order simply rejected (and they have no obligation to deliver)?

Contact exedelistens if necessary...

Photo of briman

briman

• 96 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Kay,
I'm not disagreeing that if something was specifically advertised to you that is should not be honored.....I can only go by what I read on the exede website when I viewed it....again I'm not a customer yet so what you saw in your customer portal would be different 
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2575 Posts
  • 1586 Reply Likes
I just checked both the Exede.com website and the Dashboard, and the free zone is not show for the Freedom 150 GB plans. There has never been a free zone with the Freedom 50 plan. What you were seeing is obviously a mistake by the programmers.

In fact, now that the Freedom 150 pan is offered in my beam, the free zone has been eliminated from the Liberty 12 and 18 GB plans for customers wanting to switch to those plans. Also no longer available are the Liberty 25 and 50 GB plans, but in all fairness, the Liberty 50 GB plan I was previously on was priced at the same as the Freedom 50.
Photo of Kay Doggett

Kay Doggett

• 10 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
"Mistakes by programmers" is no excuse. I posted what was in my exede and change my plan. Just a few months ago, the highest plan I could get in my area was the liberty 12, and then a couple months ago, I had the option of Liberty 50 which I switched to.It is not inconceivable to me that plans come and go and not everything is posted on the website everywhere. So if they offered me the Freedom 150 with a free zone why would I not expect to receive it? 
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 522 Posts
  • 365 Reply Likes
If a programmer left two digits off the price of a new car you're not getting the car for that price. Exede would probably have to reprogram their computer system to give you what you want. Give it up, not going to happen. 
Photo of briman

briman

• 96 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Honestly I have to say being a DBA, C/C++ programmer or someone whom invented electricity has to do with exede ISP?  
I'm a C/C++ programmer and I would never bring that up in a post about ISP service as it does not pertain to the situation at hand
Photo of Tommy Sawyer

Tommy Sawyer

• 18 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
If you have a freedom plan do not upgrade to the unlimited plan. They greatly degrade video quality with this plan. It’s almost unviewable. Don’t fall for this because if you do you can’t return back to the freedom plan. The unlimited plan is a very deceitful way to stop the bleeding of Exede's customers.
Photo of Joshua Serra

Joshua Serra

• 42 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Which unlimited plan did you sign up for? I signed up for the "HD 720" plan which I was kind of nervous about doing. 720 is the lowest of what I'd consider acceptable video quality these days and was hoping I'd really get 720 and not "up to 720" or something like that. Freedom Plan isn't available in my area but they finally got me to give in and turn in my 12-5AM late night free zone. 
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3293 Posts
  • 3271 Reply Likes
The content provider determines what vertical resolution is provided using adaptive streaming algorithms in most cases. Pretty sure all that ViaSat is doing is throttling the speed/bandwidth for video streams that can be detected to influence the content provider's choice of resolution - in that case during congested periods it may in fact be considered "up to" if available bandwidth falls below the content provider's threshold(s). Only experience will tell what's going on as these plans are adopted and I'd expect to see wildly varying results based on assigned beam.  
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2154 Posts
  • 384 Reply Likes
Hi Joshua,  Your resolution will be  HD 720, not up to  HD 720.  Speeds "may be" slowed after you reach 150 GB in areas of full capcaity, but the resolution will not change.

What are the Streaming Video descriptions?
  • Unlimited Bronze 12  -  Streaming video at small screen quality (typically 360p)
  • Unlimited Silver 25   -   Streaming video at DVD quality (typically 480p)
  • Unlimited Gold 30   -    Streaming video at HD quality (typically 720p)

When outside of priority data and during congested time periods, will video be impacted?

As with any congestion in the system, customers could be impacted.  However customers in unlimited packages  should see less impact with video than they may see with other processes, such as file downloads, Facebook visits, etc.
(Edited)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3009 Posts
  • 1250 Reply Likes
Have to specify AUTO or the max your plan allows on YouTube, otherwise it attempts to deliver the higher resolution and, will do so, but it's as if you had dial up, pause, wait for it to load then, play. So yes, you CAN watch HD YouTube on Silver but, you'll be waiting for it to load, or watching 1-2 seconds, waiting 3-5 seconds, watch a couple of seconds, wait.
Photo of Joshua Serra

Joshua Serra

• 42 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
That’s good advice. I always set everything to play to the highest ability. I guess I’ll have to check things after I get the plan when testing everything.
Photo of Barbara

Barbara

• 13 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

I got the Gold (whatever) plan, dont remember the correct name, got my modem but was not able to get it to work when i thought i installed it correctly.  Can anyone give me tips on how to install?  and does my new service start when i get it installed?  or when i send the other one back???

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3009 Posts
  • 1250 Reply Likes
Barbara, here is the setup guide for the new modem. http://help.exede.net/articles/General/A-guide-to-your-Exede-WiFi-Modem

If that is not enough to get you online with it, please call Customer Care at 855-463-9333.
Photo of outlaw2u2

outlaw2u2

• 27 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
I just received my Exede WI Fi modem/ router and first thing my Asus 3100 installed new ip , then Exede came up and I entered my customer code. Back online with the unlimited silver plan. The gold was not offered, just bronze and silver plans.