Lousy service

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
For more than a week, my Viasat service has been off as much as it's been on. I can't download an on demand show because "download failed". Trying to stream a show is a joke. I'm paying over a hundred dollars a month for fast internet service and I am not getting it. If you don't get this straightened out, I will be trying a different service. This is ridiculous.
Photo of Mick Youther

Mick Youther

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 2523 Posts
  • 1382 Reply Likes

By off you mean disconnected?  Due to weather?  A bad install?  Equipment malfunction?

Could be a number of reasons why.  What plan do you have?  General location?

Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack, Champion

• 473 Posts
  • 344 Reply Likes
Mick, type in 192.168.100.1 in your address bar and press enter. This will bring up your modem's dashboard. Report back what your RX SNR number is and the Cable Resistance. Also, do a speed test using speedtest.net

Andy
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 722 Posts
  • 346 Reply Likes
oh... if you try and let us help you out... of the reason why your internet is disconnecting and reconnecting... then we maybe able to help you... but... ya gotta go into more details of the diconnecting and reconnecting... like what veteransatuser has said of the number of things... but... you also gotta do your part of what is wrong into details like the plan and general locations of what veteransatuser said also...

BUT!!! IF your not willing to help you out by getting more information... then... id hate to say this but... youd have to pay a 300$ disconnection fee and viasat will send ya a box in the mail... then you have to take everything off such as the dish, tria, modem, ect. ect... then once your done with that... you can simply bring it to the post office and they will ship it for you :3 OH!!! if you have just signed up lets say for an example... 3 months ago... then within the 24 months of the contract you are in... you MUST pay an additional fee of 15$ per month for the remaining 21 months since you have disconnected...

BUT!!! we all would like to help you :3 soooo... if you can... can you kind of go into more details??? thank you!!! :3