Long time user...around 2009.

• Problem
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Long time user...around 2009. Data and speed is terrible now. Slower than before Excede. Spent two days on phone . Disconnected five times. Only one agent called back. Was told to get used to it. Lowered my package from top use to lowest. Save a lot of money.. Looking For new provider! It
Photo of Gerry Tron

Gerry Tron

• 5 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3056 Posts
  • 1274 Reply Likes
Gerry, there can be many reasons for slow speeds. If you are seeing speeds slower than 3-5Mbps all of the time, please send an email with your account and contact information as well as a description of the issue to exedelistens@viasat.com so that they can investigate and, see what might be causing your slow speeds.

Slow speed do happen during peak usage time, about 2 PM through Midnight and, that is especially true if you have used all of your data for the month. Very slow speeds continually, at all hours, for a long period of time. (days or weeks) should be investigated.
Photo of Gerry Tron

Gerry Tron

• 5 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Bev, thank you for your response. You may misunderstand my level of knowledge and the two days I just spent on this issue. I even spoke with a manager at one point. One upper level tech finally told me that none of the published speeds are attainable in my region. My initial speed complaint was a 0.90 Mbps clock reading. I stand by my original post. I can not recommend this provider to anyone! I was very happy with the service in 2009. What has changed? New owners?
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2681 Posts
  • 1680 Reply Likes
Same owners. What ha changed is the internet itself, and how it is used. Websites have much more content, loaded with plug ins and flash or HTM5 items, and the fact many of the subscribers are downloading lots and lots of videos, and streaming their TV and movie content, instead of relying on satellite TV services. (popularly known as "cutting the cord")
Photo of Gerry Tron

Gerry Tron

• 5 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Steve, thank you. Those are the same excuses I heard for the last two days. What has changed is the lack of customer support and honesty. In past years, a call or two from me resulted in a service call. Modems were changed and dish was fine tune to Sat. Now the response is buy up. I was on the 25 Mbps and 150 gb plan. Not aware of a better one. Exceed is now a dishonest and discredited provider.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3056 Posts
  • 1274 Reply Likes
Since 2009, the internet itself has change, ash has the number of subscribers. Combine the two and, beams on the satellites do end up at maximum capacity more often today.

If you have speeds below 1Mbs continually at all hours and, on any day of the week, there may be an issue such as alignment, a tiny cut or crack in the cable, corrosion on the TRIA, faulty Ethernet cable, etc... at the root of it. If however slow speeds are intermittent and, slowest between 2 PM and midnight, then it may simply be that you are on one of the most heavily utilized beams.

Sending and email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information and, asking them to investigate your slow speeds may yield answers and, possibly things that can be done to improve your speeds.
Photo of Gerry Tron

Gerry Tron

• 5 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thank you again. However, 5 level one and two techs and one supervisor/manager disagree. They all stated that their equipment and tests show no problems in the dish alignment, cables and modem. No service call was offered as a possibility. Why waste time on an email. I am on the cheapest plan now. All I need is email service until we have a new provider.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2988 Posts
  • 1041 Reply Likes
Hi Gerry

I'm not sure if we'll offer a different answer than what was said on the phone or what was suggested here already but if you email us at exedelistens@viasat.com  it'll go to myself or one of my teammates in the corporate office. 

Speeds may be a variety of things. Liberty Pass during peak hours for example but we can look into this and give an assessment to you.
Photo of Gerry Tron

Gerry Tron

• 5 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Brad, thank you. I will write an email. Appreciate your offer.