Trouble with installation

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My experience has been insane. I want service at my cabin in the National Forest. Frankly, I've given up trying to explain to explain that my house is in San Clemente, but the installation is on Hot Springs Road in the national forest. It's been two months, I've written (snail mail) to the corporate customer service. I've talked with installers (they say without direction to the place from Exede, they can't install). I can't even get to them to give me my money back. The company clearly cares nothing for customers. One time I was talking with a guy from India who had no idea what a "cabin" was and had no idea about national forests.
Photo of James Corbett

James Corbett

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2575 Posts
  • 1586 Reply Likes
James, send an email explaining what you are trying to do to one of the Exede moderators, Exede Kimberly or Exede Emerald at exedelistens@viasat.com and they will get you the help you need.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Someone here will help you soon. Just out of curiosity why would you pay them before you had your internet installed, my installer used a different address because mine wasn't showing as available. Anyway there will be some folks here that will get back to you.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
I don't half to take your smart mouth, And I won't.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3323 Posts
  • 3312 Reply Likes
James,

For whatever reason, phone support has its own set of problems (likely because it's outsourced but that's a guess). Going the email route suggested here yields better results (but it's an off hours period right now since this board isn't staffed 24/7 but you'll be dealing with actual ViaSat employees).

Another alternative approach might be to find an installer in closer proximity to the actually install location and deal directly with them. Go to:

http://www.exede.com/internet-packages-pricing/find-a-local-dealer

enter your install location's ZIP Code. If any show up as Exede Elite Dealers, they're generally the best bets - however proximity to install may be a factor in your case.     

(Edited)
Photo of barg_

barg_

• 50 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
It's spelled "Exede" by the way, you can verify this by looking at the web address bar just above, and the various graphics on the webpages you visit, and, well, everywhere.

You are talking to users and/or supporters of the service so far, in other words real people.  This is a user supported community forum and they told you what to do as soon as you posted to get things rolling for you.  And people ask general innocent questions such as above (and they don't need badgered because of it).  The Exede employee will come on here and most likely tell you to send that email.  The employees here get things done better than the methods you say you have tried (in general).  You aren't the only person that's had address issues.  Heck, I used to have to give directions to UPS because my address wasn't in their system and I'm only 30 miles from town (and the place had been here many years).

Also, throwing your credentials around isn't impressing anybody.  Most people here have jobs and/or went to school too.  You get somewhere by being a nice person, not by being rude.

Also, as the others said, if you talked to someone with an Indian accent or whatever, they were living in the US.  Because again, Exede support is US based.  Either that or you are not dealing with Exede directly and trying to go through a bundle deal with Dish or Directv perhaps.
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3323 Posts
  • 3312 Reply Likes
James is frustrated and taking his posts at face value, probably is justified. Social media nearly always tends to go this way - an idle comment here, an idee comment there and next thing you know a hockey game breaks out.

He's not the first to experience this sort of thing nor will he be the last - ViaSat needs to shore up the sales, phone support and install experiences. 

I have a solution however - I vote for giving Kimberly a promotion and putting her in charge of Sales and Marketing ;)

P.S. Or Alex, or Emerald or any of the other since they're the ones who eventually wind up paying the price. It's Exude - dam spell check!
(Edited)
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Ya know, I talked to the phone folks and questioned their skills. But after hanging out in here for awhile I can see where they acquire their attitude. Not one person have I ever seen ask for help in this forum, It's always what idiots exed is or by god we are turning you into the fcc, fbi at&t and who ever else we can think of. Or The great Demand as if there money spends any better than mine. But never have I seen one person come back in here and thank the exed rep that helped them. So I figure after about 6 hours of biting dogs every time your phone makes a new connection then these phone people have the right to be rude and carry a attitude. What is humorous though is that is how I found this forum looking for somewhere to leave a review for Kimberley. I'm not a professor, a Doctor thats trying to impress anyone I came here out of respect to thank someone for understanding and helping. That my friends make me the exception.
Photo of Shawna Smith

Shawna Smith

• 8 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Exede is a US-based company so if you spoke to an Indian then he works in the US. LoL

That is one of the main reasons I signed up so I wouldn't have to deal with foreigners.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Me to Shawna, sometimes I forget that it was my choice to sign up here, they helped me a lot and I'm pleased.
Photo of Shawna Smith

Shawna Smith

• 8 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I haven't had any problems yet. I'm a happy customer.

Although I would be happier if my unused data allowance would carry over to the next month since I have paid for it. :)

That's my only issue at this point.
Photo of A. Everett Neuman

A. Everett Neuman

• 430 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
The carry over issues is a good and popular one. 

Give me 2 please, also.
Photo of A. Everett Neuman

A. Everett Neuman

• 430 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
I was not charged until a day after the install was complete. I electronically signed the contract at the time of the install, and was connected, and then provided my credit card information.

I am sure if you contacted Exede, they would not expect you to pay anything if the install was not done and you where connected.

Do you know the GPS coordinates of your cabin? Give them that and tell them to Google it. Not much on the face of the earth that Google can't find.

Remember, the installer might be employed by a local service agent, and not directly connected to Exede excepts as a sub/ affiliate.

Who have you actually contacted?

Hope it helps,
Everett
Photo of ExedeEmerald

ExedeEmerald

• 204 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Good Morning Everyone, I see that this post has kind of gotten off to a rough start to help. Please remember we are all here to help one another in a polite appropriate way. =) 

James- If you send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com I will be happy to look into the issues you are having with getting service set up and I can look into getting your money back to you. I look forward to speaking with you further and getting this issue resolved. 
Photo of Lake Country Satellite

Lake Country Satellite, Champion

• 140 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Some areas do have an activation fee that is refundable if you are not installed.  When you placed your order did you give them the correct 911 address?  Often times these 911 addresses do not show up in the GPS data bases.  What I have found works great helping me find my customers is a Longitude and Latitude coordinates.  If you have a smartphone or GPS, at the location you want the service installed pull these up and write them down exactly as they are shown and give to the person that is calling you or send them to exedelistens@viasat.com along with your name and phone number you set the account up under.

Better yet, look to see who is the closest LOCAL Elite Dealer, they will take good care of you!
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Just what do you mean maybe a refund of activation fees if not installed??  If they can't install it they should never except your money. Thats not saying much for your company. There is far better advice from the employees here than a contract dealer, My experience with contract dealers is vast after going threw hughesnet and several exed dealers before I came up with one good honest dealer that cared about his customer. My dealer told me right up front what to expect and what it would cost and always to contact him first, which I did and he always helped. The best advice comes from right here. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.