I have the unlimited up to 150gb. I have only used like 8 gigs and my speed is a constant speed of 0.2mbs why the hell am i paying for 25mbs

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Speed sucks
Photo of Jeff Calhoon

Jeff Calhoon

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • extremely mad

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Jeff Calhoon

Jeff Calhoon

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
And this is with just one phone hooked to it
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 460 Posts
  • 172 Reply Likes
You might try hooking a computer directly to the modem with an ethernet cable and see what kind of results you get.  Lots of problems with the wifi on those modems.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
Shouldn’t see speeds that low with multiple devices running and WiFi testing.

Always try a hard reset first.
(Edited)
Photo of Jeff Calhoon

Jeff Calhoon

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did and got up to 1.8 at 520am
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
Ouch
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3490 Posts
  • 2025 Reply Likes
What location of the country do you live in Jeff?
Photo of Timothy Apjok

Timothy Apjok

• 12 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
My experience has always been that many speedtest apps are not reliable, make sure you are using a website. Many cable and internet providers have a good speedtest tool, Google one. Try actually downloading something and see what happens. Also, my first couple hours of having internet I couldn't get any speed. I was using their modem, but my wireless router. As soon as I did a factory reset on my router, my speeds came up. I never get slow speeds until between 5pm and 2am. (I'm not on unlimited, so that is why mine slows down.) I burn through 12gb of data in around a week, and really don't ever need more than the 5mbps connection I get during the day, so I won't pay for a 25mpbs connection just to get "unlimited" which can still slow if you are what they deem a high data usage customer. Not saying it's your equipment, but I'd be on the phone with them if I couldn't get the speeds they say I should have. Don't forget, this is not tech support, call them for service or you won't ever be happy.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 844 Posts
  • 433 Reply Likes
Jeff, 

Please send us an email at ViasatListens@viasat.com with your account information.  I'd like to take a look and see what's going on!
Photo of David Montgomery

David Montgomery

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
my speed has been horrible for almost the whole time i have had the 150 plan...today i have tested about 1 meg down and .08 up a few times...not usable really