I have the unlimited up to 150gb. I have only used like 8 gigs and my speed is a constant speed of 0.2mbs why the hell am i paying for 25mbs

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Speed sucks
Photo of Jeff Calhoon

Jeff Calhoon

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • extremely mad

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Jeff Calhoon

Jeff Calhoon

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
And this is with just one phone hooked to it
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 624 Posts
  • 234 Reply Likes
You might try hooking a computer directly to the modem with an ethernet cable and see what kind of results you get.  Lots of problems with the wifi on those modems.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1279 Posts
  • 415 Reply Likes
Shouldn’t see speeds that low with multiple devices running and WiFi testing.

Always try a hard reset first.
(Edited)
Photo of Jeff Calhoon

Jeff Calhoon

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did and got up to 1.8 at 520am
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1279 Posts
  • 415 Reply Likes
Ouch
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3171 Reply Likes
What location of the country do you live in Jeff?
Photo of Timothy Apjok

Timothy Apjok

• 12 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
My experience has always been that many speedtest apps are not reliable, make sure you are using a website. Many cable and internet providers have a good speedtest tool, Google one. Try actually downloading something and see what happens. Also, my first couple hours of having internet I couldn't get any speed. I was using their modem, but my wireless router. As soon as I did a factory reset on my router, my speeds came up. I never get slow speeds until between 5pm and 2am. (I'm not on unlimited, so that is why mine slows down.) I burn through 12gb of data in around a week, and really don't ever need more than the 5mbps connection I get during the day, so I won't pay for a 25mpbs connection just to get "unlimited" which can still slow if you are what they deem a high data usage customer. Not saying it's your equipment, but I'd be on the phone with them if I couldn't get the speeds they say I should have. Don't forget, this is not tech support, call them for service or you won't ever be happy.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 935 Posts
  • 482 Reply Likes
Jeff, 

Please send us an email at ViasatListens@viasat.com with your account information.  I'd like to take a look and see what's going on!
Photo of JVN ENTERTAINMENT

JVN ENTERTAINMENT

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same with me I get 0.2 Mbps and ever time I call I get that same bs saying reset my modem for the 50th time it is not my modem I reset it every time and it still the worst speeds
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3171 Reply Likes
Not a valid speed test. If on the Viasat network, your latency would never be 22ms. If the latency is reporting wrong, what else on the report us wrong?

Try testmy.net
Photo of David Montgomery

David Montgomery

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
my speed has been horrible for almost the whole time i have had the 150 plan...today i have tested about 1 meg down and .08 up a few times...not usable really