Error 503 No healthy backends

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
I was using Pinterest just fine until my internet went offline (I believe for maintenance) tonight. When it came back on, Pinterest was no longer working. When I tried to load it, I got the following message:
Error 503 No healthy backends

No healthy backends

Guru Mediation:

Details: cache-sea1923-SEA 1476172797 1588005282

Varnish cache server

The only browsers I use are Firefox and Google Chrome. I get the error in both of them.

What could be causing this?

I don't yet know if it is affecting other sites, but I will update if I find that more are affected.

Update: The issue seems to have resolved. I wonder what caused it though.
Photo of zanne

zanne

• 209 Posts
  • 58 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3890 Posts
  • 3965 Reply Likes
These are typically load balancing errors associated with the the site in question, but FWIW Is It Down Right Now reports that Pinterest was down about 5 hours and 10 minutes ago - about the time of the original post   
(Edited)
Photo of zanne

zanne

• 209 Posts
  • 58 Reply Likes
Ah. Ok. It was just odd because it was working just fine and then the internet was down for about 30 minutes or so. It didn't show as being down when I used "downforeveryoneorjustme" site. I'm glad it cleared up though. I use Pinterest ALL the time.
Photo of titine lee

titine lee

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
how should I fix it I got the same problem as you
Photo of jhon

jhon

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
The error also occurs in the Windows 10 and it is very harmful to the system which is really harmful to us. And we can access the best support team to fix the error code 0x80071a90 which is best for me. They provide the best information about the error code. 

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2797 Posts
  • 1763 Reply Likes
jhon's post is SPAM.  Beware.
Photo of Grace N

Grace N

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm experiencing the same problem.  Is it a "self-resolving" issue or is there something I can do on my end?

Photo of titine lee

titine lee

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't know I think everyone is experiencing this problem because I was opening pinterest on my brother's phone and it is the same thing.
Photo of Grace N

Grace N

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
strange...seems to be working fine on my phone, just the PC that's giving the error
Photo of titine lee

titine lee

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
did you use chrom or safari to browse pinterest? if you are using the app itself it did not cause this problem.but if use safari or firefox,chrom it doesn't work
Photo of Grace N

Grace N

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
guess so...thanks though, glad that I'm not alone in this :)
Photo of titine lee

titine lee

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
your welcome if it works again I'll let you know in the comments down below :)
Photo of Silla Ragen

Silla Ragen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
experiencing the same here
Photo of titine lee

titine lee

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
try pexels.com it is similar to pinterest.but I don't know if it works.Mine couldn't load image .
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3847 Posts
  • 3903 Reply Likes
Is it the exact same Error 503 as the original poster's (i.e. No healthy backends fro the Varnish cache server)? In that case, you need to wait it out; however, all 503 errors are not alike - the details may differ and 503 alone is more generically a service unavailable error with a multitude of reasons for it that may be customized by the targeted site.     
(Edited)
Photo of Grace N

Grace N

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Whooppeee, looks like we're back up :)

Photo of titine lee

titine lee

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yes it is the same one.

Photo of titine lee