BLOCKED WEBSITES

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
I'm trying to access Yupoo.com websites that I use for business with China and they are all blocked. Is there any way to get them opened up? I am losing money daily because I can not access the Yupoo site. I was not informed that it would be blocked when I signed up for Viasat. Please help!
Photo of robert anderson

robert anderson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • broker by the minute...

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of TheCatWillStrike

TheCatWillStrike

• 103 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
For some reason satellite has trouble with a few sites. Someone else had trouble with a gaming site which appears to be working now. Viasat doesn't block sites though. Someone here has recommended to use a VPN service for sites that give you trouble. Not sure which VPN to choose though.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3615 Posts
  • 2109 Reply Likes
Try running a free VPN and see if you can access them that way.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3920 Posts
  • 4006 Reply Likes
Wouldn't be surprised to find yupoo sites blocked (or the entire domain) by someone/anyone along the path - they're frequently used/abused for selling counterfeit  merchandise (it's used for some legitimate purposes also). As noted, a VPN or a web proxy might get you there - I can get there through https://www.hidemyass.com/proxy - not that I'd order anything or conduct business that way - any proxy sees your traffic and you're at their mercy.  

(Edited)
Photo of DavidBrowserGuy

DavidBrowserGuy, Browser Expert

• 96 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
To protect our customers, the Viasat Security team proactively blocks traffic from malicious actors who are trying to attack our network and our customers.  It is possible that this is occurring in your case.  If you are unable to access that site after going through a proxy, please let us know and we will look into this further.