amazon echo

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Have tried to get my amazon echo to work numerous times with ViaSat without success, had charter before we moved and had no issues if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.
Photo of John Bero

John Bero

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Corey Anderson

Corey Anderson

• 102 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Ours does work with ViaSat without issue. Any particular error that you are getting?
Photo of John Bero

John Bero

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Corey I just tried again to get the error code because I didn't write it down the last time and this time it connected.It was like a firewall was blocking the connection but I haven't changed anything since the last time.Just hope it keeps working.Thanks again
Photo of Rique

Rique

• 231 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes
The only issues we had with ViaSat and Echo related to controlling other devices (for example, Echo failed to control Plex - for a brief time, I was able to get it to work - but then it failed again). Other than Plex, Alexa (Echo) worked well.

Interestingly, with our new service, we also have Plex / Alexa issues, which leads me to believe that the issue is more with our router set up (Google WiFi Mesh system) than with our provider.

Is your Echo failing to work at all or is it just when you're trying something specific? If it is failing entirely, try to relink it with your WiFi by using the Alexa app on your Android or iPhone phone.
Photo of John Bero

John Bero

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It finally connected on the last try without doing anything different than previous attempts hopefully it will stay connected.Thanks for the reply
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3162 Posts
  • 2034 Reply Likes
I have been using my Echo for over two yeas on Viasat without any problems. I only use it with my Dish Hopper3, I don't have any other smart devices in my house.

I have the original SB2 modem, non WiFi and an ASUS AC1900 router
(Edited)