austin kastner

• 27 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of John M.

John M.

• 17 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Here's hoping that at least some of that "extra" capacity goes to those of us who bought the bill of goods and continue to labor under virtually useless service and even littler support. 
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 475 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
Personally, the Exede service works just fine for me.  Then again, I keep a very tight grip on what programs can use my data and treat that data like the precious resource that it is.  That being said, Exede will no doubt use VisSat2's extra capacity to beef up its already existing service plans: https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/all-about-the-viasat-ground-system
Photo of John M.

John M.

• 17 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I hope that's true, sincerely. I'm about a month in and have unfortunately found a fairly steady stream of astonishingly slow speeds and unanswered support requests, all for what I consider to be a lot of $. 
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2987 Posts
  • 1041 Reply Likes
We have every intention to provide more robust plans with the addition of ViaSat 2. Our goal for our existing customers (and new customers) on the Exede service is to provide bigger plans that will be able to handle streaming services such as Netflix and so on. We'll be releasing details closer to time

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.