Your internet service is horrid!

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Your internet service is absolutely horrible. I'm constantly losing service several times a day, as many as a dozen. We're new customers and deeply regret obtaining your service, we never should have left Spectrum. Their internet service is far superior to yours, we never had any issues with connectivity! The only problem was the pricing. I get that's what we get for my Mom trying to save a few bucks, huh? I can't watch anything on Hulu without it buffering at lease a dozen times per 42 minute episode of whatever I'm watching. Please don';t insult my intelligence and blame Hulu for that. Again, I never had any problems out of Spectrum. It takes forever to load any website, and oftentimes have to refresh at least once, sometimes twice to fully load the page. Around 8:00 pm, it gets even worse. I can't even watch anything at all on Hulu, Rebooting the modem, router and my pc does absolutely nothing to help. We are now locked into an evil 2 year contract and I'm getting angrier and angrier with each day that passes. Your company's service is absolutely horrible and a laughing stock!!!!
Photo of Andrew Whitfield

Andrew Whitfield

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2470 Posts
  • 1461 Reply Likes
Insult your intelligence?

You gave up cable internet for satellite internet?

Okay.  Enough said there.

You are not "locked" into any contract.  You are welcome to pay $15/month for each month remaining to get rid of Viasat.  OR...try emailing viasatlistens@viasat.com (include your account number) and detail the particulars of WHO sold you Viasat in the first place when you already had cable internet.  Perhaps they will waive the fee.  Anybody that is pushing satellite internet on unsuspecting cable internet users should not be allowed to.

Good luck!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2597 Posts
  • 1610 Reply Likes
You gave up cable internet for satellite internet?
I'll never understand why some do so little research for a service that first, isn't cheap, and second, has a two year commitment.  I've put more thought into which $10 flash drive I'm going to buy than some people seem to do with this.  I just don't get it.  

Maybe I'm just weird, as I even went so far as to read the subscriber agreement before signing up for my current service.  
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2470 Posts
  • 1461 Reply Likes
Well there was the lure of saving a few sheckles a month on internet.

Internet is internet, right? Right?
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 859 Posts
  • 430 Reply Likes
Agree with all of the above. About 3 minutes of Googling would have alerted you to the fact dumping even the worst cable for satellite is a mistake 99.99% of the time. The .01% accounts for those on a magic spot beam, like the dude named after a hot dog that doesn't post any more.