Deku, Champion

• 769 Posts
  • 385 Reply Likes
@>@ OH MY FRICKING GODDNESS!!! @>@ let me go check mine!!! :D
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 234 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
As of 4:50pm EST I got 41.13 download and 3.67 up via http://speedtest.via-satellite.net/
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1013 Posts
  • 328 Reply Likes
It apparently isn’t widespread.

Photo of James Irvin

James Irvin

• 68 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
The weirdness continues. I’m afraid my modem will explode....
Photo of Huachyx Flores

Huachyx Flores

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What is your Beam?
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 2801 Posts
  • 1533 Reply Likes
I am not sure how accurate the speed test you are running is. Upload speed should be relatively constant and not impacted by congestion. Upload speed is not to be that fast.
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2619 Posts
  • 1620 Reply Likes
This is not happening in beam 314, central New York state. It must be occurring in select beams at this time.
Photo of James Irvin

James Irvin

• 68 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I think you may be right. It looks more like 20 down and 3 up. Think that app is screwy today for some reason.
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 221 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
http://speedtest.via-satellite.net/ try using this Im at 31 down as of 6:10pm est and up until this week highest I got on my beam on silver plan was 19mbps
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 2646 Posts
  • 1454 Reply Likes
20 down and 3 up makes a lot more sense. Still very, very good.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1013 Posts
  • 328 Reply Likes
Upload speeds have often been close to 5 up for me. While less subject to congestion, all these cloud backups would potentially clog it similar to streaming downloads.
Photo of Travis

Travis

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am in NY as well and I must be on a congested beam as speeds are very slow during peak hours (I am on Liberty Pass). During off-peak hours speeds are typically good so I am able to use the download feature on Netflix and watch on my iPad in the evening.
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2591 Posts
  • 1594 Reply Likes
Travis, You didn't say what part of NY you are located in. I am in central New York state, beam 314, and am on the Freedom 150 GB - 12 Mbps plan. My daytime speeds are usually in the 16.0 to 18.0 Mbps range, evenings in the 8.0 to 12.0 Mbps.

Since you stated that you are on Liberty Pass, you should be seeing speeds in the 1 to 5 Mbps in the daytime, and somewhat less during the evening. You might have a problem with your equipment, an email to viasatlistens@viasat.com, along with your account number, phone  number and a description of your problem. The ViaSat employee there will take a look at your modem with their system and get back with you.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1919 Posts
  • 895 Reply Likes
Crap speed during the evening is normal for the Liberty Pass.
Photo of Travis

Travis

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Steve,

I am in upstate NY with the Liberty 12 plan. I did call customer support and they checked my modem and said it was working fine. Speeds during non-peak hours are good so it is congestion in the beam. 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 2801 Posts
  • 1533 Reply Likes
Those speeds are horrible!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 2801 Posts
  • 1533 Reply Likes
4K is amazing. But I will live with 1080p :).

Of course, others think standard definition from a decade ago is acceptable.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1969 Posts
  • 926 Reply Likes
I can't tell the difference between 480p and iMax.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3487 Posts
  • 3476 Reply Likes
Order a pair of Tac glasses as seen on TV, I though I was watching a Falcons scrimmage on Saturday until I put mine on - and then the Eagles showed up. 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 2801 Posts
  • 1533 Reply Likes
My parents use to think how great 480p was too. Then they got HD. Then the HD went out for a few days and they had to drop to 480p. I didn't hear the end of that. It was like the TV was completely broke.
Photo of Travis

Travis

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the help. Netflix downloads seem to work fairly well for now. Speeds were better last night (.80 down) which was better than most evenings. I could stream with little to no buffering.
Photo of Cindy Berryman King Orloff

Cindy Berryman King Orloff

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
My downloads and uploads have been pretty good, 30. and 40.s but today because of bad weather, snowing I'm not getting very good but that's to be expected. So not too bad on good days!
Photo of Dan White

Dan White

• 84 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Looking good.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.  
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 1969 Posts
  • 926 Reply Likes
Shame on you people for enjoying high speeds.  You all should be ashamed of yourself.