Service trouble

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!! Do not get anything associated with this company. Service NEVER worked. I was told upon installation that I would never have to sign a contract and I never did. I cannot cancel service because all of a sudden they have a "standing" contract that magically appears. LIARS and CHEATS! I pay $70.00 every month, have never been late, have never not made a payment. Service sucks. Never worked. We could never get online with this service at all. Worst mistake EVER. So I am stuck paying for service that does not work, I cant even use this. The first day of my new billing cycle, I always get an email that I have reached my amount of data. This is CRAP
Photo of Nicole Weeks

Nicole Weeks

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • aggravated, cheated, mad

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Roger Wernsing

Roger Wernsing

• 19 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
You need a service call to your location Ms. Weeks. if your service doesn't work someone needs to look into your problem and it should be at no charge to you.
Do you have a local dealer in your area that can help?
Photo of Emory Griffis

Emory Griffis

• 19 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
When your satellite and modem were installed, the technician didn't verify that you had service and that everything was working as intended? Mine checked to make sure I had service, that my main pc was online, and ran a speedtest to gauge the ping response and download/upload speed. Only when the install was complete with everything satisfactorily connected and receiving an incoming signal did my technician present the contract. Excede has always provided superior service to me in every way and now that you have posted this issue on this forum, I am confident that a representative will contact you to address and resolve this matter.
Photo of Danielbo

Danielbo

• 154 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
I think that is when i signed the contract. I do remember at that time, they went over the billing with me and I was shocked that i had to rent the modem. I asked why i couldnt just buy it. I worked at the cable company for many of years, and there you had a choice of either renting it or buying, you could even go out and get your own to use. For what we have to pay for this modem, I know I could buy one. I remember this, because that is when he also offered me a service plan and i said what do I need a service plan for if it all belongs to you. I would look through your paper and make sure you didnt sign on the day they installed it, and I differently agree with Emory on calling someone to look at it. 
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2742 Posts
  • 1725 Reply Likes
Nicole, send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com. The moderators have some great tools that can look at your modem and get you the help you need. Include your account # or phone number so they can identify your account information.

You have a problem that needs to be addressed so you can enjoy your internet.
Photo of Exede Amber

Exede Amber, Employee

• 135 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Hello Nicole,  I am part of a small team here at ViaSat working towards resolution for our
customers. I would like to assist you with the issues you are
having right now. Please send your account information via email at
exedelistens@viasat.com.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.