Worst Customer Service EVER!

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Trying to get Gold 30 service which is offered in my area. However, not to existing customers. I can get the Gold 30 if I disconnect my current service and then order new services. That leaves me with no internet service for 2 weeks at least. I work from home and have to have my internet.

They also have no way to submit written complaints either in writing or via email. WHy kind of company is this? Been a loyal customer for years and get treated like garbage because I already have an account. Guess who will no longer recommend viasat to people!

Have a Freedom 150 plan and all I want is faster service that the Gold 30 would offer
Photo of downsm3

downsm3

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Pissed Off

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 632 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
Just have the new service installed BEFORE you have the old disconnected.
Photo of downsm3

downsm3

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You can't they don't allow that
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1858 Posts
  • 1153 Reply Likes
Just a thought:  I wouldn't assume that the Gold 30 plan is going to be better.  Unless you have someone near you that has this plan and you can directly compare, you might be trading in not so good for worse, and then you're stuck with it.  
Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 292 Posts
  • 96 Reply Likes
Might be VS2 hence new contract.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 655 Posts
  • 405 Reply Likes
True. Gold 30 is one of those weird plans which isnt the 50Mbps that Viasat-2 Gold plans offer but better than the 12Mbps that some Gold plans are rated at.
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 214 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
What kind of speeds are you getting now?

Contact a local dealer and talk to them.
If you are on a congested satellite and the new subscriber plans are for a different satellite you may get faster speeds

However, the 150 gig plan is a mighty fine deal to walk away from if you are getting better than 10 meg downloads
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 308 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
that package also is UP TO speeds so it may not be any faster if that sat is congested I have heard of some switching to faster promised speed and more expensive packages and end up with slower speeds 
Also you will be stuck on contract for another 2 years 
(Edited)