Trouble getting tech

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)

Why is that I cannot get a tech when needed and when it is scheduled but you all don't mind taking my money on time every month!! I am ready to CANCEL! This is the worst company that I have ever delt with. This is not acceptable!  And you always offer a credit and it is never applied!!

Photo of YVETTE WOOTEN

YVETTE WOOTEN

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3067 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
I'm sorry you're having problems. The technicians that come to our homes are independent contractors, they don't work for Exede directly.

I would email the name of the contractor and your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com so that they can look into it and find out what happened.
Photo of YVETTE WOOTEN

YVETTE WOOTEN

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Please do.. I have had nothing but trouble with this company and this is putting the topping on all of it!! I cannot get a tech to save my life.. This is crazy!! All everyone keeps saying is "I'm SORRY"!! That is not helping me at all. I have not had internet in days and now no tech??? But Why? They don't mind getting paid! someone needs to be aware of all the issues with this company.  Please take a look at my account and see all my complaints

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3067 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
You will need to send that email. I, like the other Champions here, am just a subscriber like you that comes here to help my peers where I can. I can't access your account but, the forum moderators at that email address are Exede employees and, they will help you.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3086 Posts
  • 1087 Reply Likes
Hi Yvette you can also call us at 855-463-9333 
Photo of YVETTE WOOTEN

YVETTE WOOTEN

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just sent it again, but this time from the email that is associated with my account
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3086 Posts
  • 1087 Reply Likes
no as long as you have your name and either a phone number or account number we can pull up the account. Due to the number of customers we work with just post a brief description as well (ie: Yvette from the forum, having problems with a tech coming out) just so we know who is contacting us
Photo of Christina Gibson

Christina Gibson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am currently on hold and was told that all systems were down. Please help!
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3086 Posts
  • 1087 Reply Likes
Hi Christina,

This isn't a live help option, nor is it linked to your account. You can do a live chat with an agent here: https://www.exede.com/contact-us-exede/ or you can email us at exedelistens@viasat.com (chat or phone will be a much quicker option)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3067 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
Christina, what problem are you having? We can't help if we don't know what is wrong.
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 479 Posts
  • 155 Reply Likes
Why is that I cannot get a tech when needed and when it is scheduled...
As Bev stated above, the technicians work for 3rd party installers that are companies different than the company that Exede belongs to.  Some 3rd party installers are great and others, not so great.  You can do what is called a sales channel change, which means you can look for an Exede authorized installer in your area that will give you the service you want and have Exede change you over to that 3rd party installer.  Based on the problems you described in your post here, my recommendation is that you get the assistance of Exede Brad to get that sales channel change completed.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3081 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
Yep! this is exactly the route I'd suggest going. With time being of the essence I'd recommend calling 855-463-9333. Keep in mind it takes at least 24 hours to process as we reach out to the dealer to ask what the situation is and see if they can fix it and if not we'll reassign you to someone else. 
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3081 Posts
  • 1085 Reply Likes
Reason I'm suggesting a call over an email is that the call is generally quicker as our email has a 24 hour return expectation (probably less today being post-holiday) but if you're pressed for time the phone, frustrating as it may be is going to be quicker. Otherwise email us at the email posted in the reply above and we'll work with you directly
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 479 Posts
  • 155 Reply Likes
However, when she calls, I get the impression that the tier 1 or tier 2 support people she ends up talking to, for whatever reason, do not give her the service she needs to get her problem fixed, nor do they connect her to anyone who will give her that service and who will get her problem fixed.  Hopefully,  you have received her email and can get her problem fixed.

To Yvette Wooten: you will need to contact as many 3rd party installers in your area as you need to until you find one that will give you the service you need.  The following URL should pull up the list of 3rd party installers for your area: http://www.exede.com/locate-a-dealer/?zip= <enter your zip code here>  Also, once you find a 3rd party installer you are comfortable with, ask them for their Exede sales ID #.  The next step is to have a ticket open with Exede to put into effect that sales channel change.  If you give to the Exede representative who is handling that ticket, the Exede sales ID # for the 3rd party installer you want to change to, as well as that 3rd party installer's name, address and phone number, it will very greatly speed up the sales channel change.
Photo of Brian

Brian, Champion

• 292 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Someone's paying me? I had no idea.

Thank you Yvette. My kid's college fund was looking skimpy.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3067 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
Brian, if she has you for a tech now, perfect, you won't disappoint her. :)