Worse FAP on the market.

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need of further response at current time.

Worse FAP on the market. I have 10 months left to this lousy contract and will cancel on the anniversary date, if not earlier.  A rolling FAP is ridiculous.  The very fact that you cannot even stream a one-hour video without exceeding their ridiculous policy is egregious.  Yes, I said egregious.  The word I really want to use cannot be printed.  I tell all of my friends to NOT contract with Exede.  I hope the company goes belly up or gets shutdown for deceptive practices by the Feds.  
Photo of Ann

Ann

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated - very frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Ann,

It sounds like you are referring to the WildBlue Data Allowance Policy, which is on a 30-day rolling period. I would be happy to discuss your data usage and the benefits of upgrading to Exede, Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account information for further assistance. Thank you,

ExedeCrystal
Photo of David Brown

David Brown

• 6 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Ann
Join the club of thousands upon thousands of people who have been ripped off by this company. When another thread I was on got so bad with Exede customers criticizing this con job of a company they shut the thread down, so if more than a few people post here about their experiences this thread will also have the plug pulled on it.  Whoever you are using now, do not sign with Exede , I repeat do not sign a contract with this company.  Post like I do to other community discussion groups, save other unwitting people from getting scammed.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
I went over the first month I had WildBlue (I now have Exede) I didn't know what used how much data. I agree that there should be a webpage prospective customers are referred to, or that average data usage should be explained in more detail before people sign up.

I don't believe that one hour of even HD video would use 10 GB, perhaps 3 to 4 GB wich, if you only have 10 would make going over easy. If you have used 10 GB or more in a day, you need to look at what and/or who else may be using your connection. Mal ware, virus, other device, unsecured router etc...
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
We definitely want people to post about their experience with our company and we reach out to those who have issues. When people understand how to manage their data,that solves a majority of their problems and they are happy with the service. All of the information on our Data Allowance policy is readily available and it is also important for prospective customers to do their research before signing up with any new service. We do our best to educate our customers and provide many tips on how to  maximize their data. We do not scam people and everything is upfront on our website, including the customer contract anyone can view before signing up for service. I will be more than happy to address any concerns or answer any questions you may have about our service. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com and I will be glad to help. Thanks.
ExedeCrystal

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.