Will this router work (on hub ac1900 wifi router)

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Will this work on exede
Photo of ja c court

ja c court

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Christine Conrad

Christine Conrad, Champion

• 263 Posts
  • 292 Reply Likes
It should work with Exede, but it isn't what I would choose for my home network. It only has one Ethernet available for a wired connection, which may not be a problem for you. It can only be set up and configured using an Android or iOS device, and cannot be configured using a computer. Another thing that would concern me is that it must be connected to a Gmail address, and it is in constant contact with the mothership at Google, which will use your very precious bandwidth as it reports in and does its handshaking.

The reviews I found online were kind of mediocre, which is a flag to me anyway. It appears to appeal to those who want their router to "look" techy, but not really being concerned about functionality.

Just my opinion, but to answer your original question, yes, it will work with Exede. Almost any wireless router works with Exede.
Photo of ja c court

ja c court

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Not all they start out good then mess up drop internet. I am constantly rebooting. To get internet.
So looking for something to work.
Photo of Gwalk900

Gwalk900, Champion

• 451 Posts
  • 471 Reply Likes
I have a Asus RT-AC3100.
A little pricey but has great range, a user friendly GUI and tracks data usage by device IP.
If you are going to switch then switch to something that is functional.
Photo of Christine Conrad

Christine Conrad, Champion

• 263 Posts
  • 292 Reply Likes
I am using an ASUS RT-N66U. It is a few years old, but still working just fine. The ASUS RT-AC3100 is a good one, if I were to replace mine, I would go with that one, because it has better data tracking software. The most complaints I have seen on here about dropping the internet are with Netware and Linksys routers.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2191 Posts
  • 409 Reply Likes
Hi ja c court,  There are many routers that work with our service, as our champions have pointed out. Here is are a couple of links that may help.
http://help.exede.net/articles/General/Control-who-s-on-your-home-network and 
http://help.exede.net/articles/General/How-to-create-a-home-network-with-Exede-and-a-wireless-router
(Edited)
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 352 Posts
  • 232 Reply Likes
"There are many modems that work with our service"

Diana, I'm sure you meant "Routers", not modems....☺☺☺
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2191 Posts
  • 409 Reply Likes
Yes, I did wm4bama,  Thank you for the correction! It