Will I receive confirmation equipment was received?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I met my 2 year contractual term and I terminated the agreement and received the return kit which I then returned with the undamaged equipment inside.  I took it to the UPS distribution center so it went straight onto a truck going to Kentucky and the package was received Wednesday morning, over 48 hours ago, and although I have confirmed the box was delivered I have not received any correspondence from Exede or Viasat.

Should I expect to hear from them?
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 163 Posts
  • 58 Reply Likes
  • Confused

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Another ex Viasat customer. Out of curiosity, what did you move to?
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 163 Posts
  • 58 Reply Likes
The service was at my mother's home and she passed away.  As her caregiver and the one in charge of the bills for the past few years I knew we had to keep the contract, and I was happy with the service.  I did inherit the home and as luck would have it, AT&T notified me that I could finally get Uverse, and the new box was 900' from my driveway.  I had kept Directv and they combined the bill for a total of $20 off, and the internet was 30 bucks less than my satellite bill before the $10 credit.

It was too practical, however I am grateful for Exede/Viasat because we had internet and no problems, and I had managed on the plan I had with 25mbps at 12 Gigs a month with free zone, but I have unlimited now and my ping is 1/12th what it was.
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3175 Reply Likes
Sorry about your mother but glad you have real internet now.

You wouldn't have needed to keep the service. The termination fees are not that bad when most plans are over $100 month.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3128 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
They do not notify you that the equipment has been received.
Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 478 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
You might get a notice....another bill.
Photo of privatejordy

privatejordy

• 163 Posts
  • 58 Reply Likes
I know I sent it and it was all in great shape and returned fast, and UPS tracking shows they got it, so I'm not going to worry about it.  They were very nice and understanding, and glad they had done nothing wrong and I wasn't leaving because I was displeased in any way.  I have safeguards on the billing issue should it arise however I doubt I'll experience any problems since I wasn't billed 11 days ago like I would have been had they not terminated my service on their end.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 970 Posts
  • 485 Reply Likes
No, we do not send out notifications for returned equipment.  If you have the shipping reference number, you can keep track of the location using UPS's website.  If you don't have that, email us with your account number, and we should be able to track it down and let you know the status.

viasatlistens@viasat.com 

Keep in mind that it can take 2-3 days to log the equipment into our inventory after it's arrived.  So even if it shows delivered, our systems may not reflect it immediately.