Will Exede Voice still function correctly on the Liberty Plan?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
The Exede web site concerning Exede Voice shows people with 12 Mb connections can get Exede Voice. What about customers that already have Exede Voice, will it work on the Liberty plans if they change to that plan?
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes
  • hopeful again

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2820 Posts
  • 1781 Reply Likes
I made the switch to the Liberty 10 plan yesterday, and my Exede Voice is functioning as always. I am not into the Liberty Pass mode yet, so I can't speak for how well it will work on the slower speeds, but I can say that when I had the Classic 10 plan, my Exede Voice always worked even when the speeds were slow. Exede Voice goes directly through the modem, and doesn't seem to be affected by the speed accessing the internet. One of the Exede moderators can chime in to confirm how the Exede Voice will work under the Liberty Pass conditions.
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3919 Posts
  • 4006 Reply Likes
As a long suffering Wildblue/Exede user, keep us posted on how it works out with the Liberty Plan, Steve, especially once you hit Liberty Pass - still on the fence on this one since I'd have to become a "new" customer without it being offered through NRTC.

P.S. I have to go back and crunch the numbers some more since I keep forgetting that a switch would allow me to bundle Exede Voice also.

(Edited)
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes
Hi Steve,

Thanks for responding.   I have Exede Voice too and just saw Liberty has come to my area (YES!!). I'm haunted by the 12 Mb requirement to get Exede Voice connected in the first place.  Maybe it can't do the speed override in the Pass situation?
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 3919 Posts
  • 4006 Reply Likes
I suspect the 12 Mbps requirement is simply meant to convey Exede Voice isn't available on the Exede 5Mbps plans - just the 12 Mbps service plans.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes
That makes sense.  I'm rapping my fingers on the table waiting to hear from someone at Exede that can give the definitive answer.  i suppose the question comes down to this:  Will Exede Voice work while in the Liberty Pass mode of operation?  Your answer makes sense because Exede Voice works perfectly in the classic plan even when DAP'd but the Liberty Plan data allocation and capability may be quite different.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2256 Posts
  • 428 Reply Likes
Hi Craig,  Yes, Exede Voice will work wihile in the Liberty Pass mode!
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes
Thanks Diana,  Now it is official and I will upgrading to a Liberty plan (at last !)   ;o)
My thanks to ViaSat / Exede for considering my beam for upgrading.