will exede ever offer a plan higher thank 150g a month?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I have the 150 freedom plan which is great but will exede ever have a plan larger than that. I know that maybe a lot to hope for but 150 is still hard to stay under. Maybe a 250-300 gig plan would be great. Every time I google more info on the subject i keep finding out that they will have another sat go up next year. Would that change anything as far as bigger plans?
Photo of shadowshadefire

shadowshadefire

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of shadowshadefire

shadowshadefire

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
And is it possible to have two sats/plans for the same address?
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2154 Posts
  • 384 Reply Likes
Hi shadowshadefire, Great question!  At this time, we are
adding a higher data plan. Yes you can have two satellite dishes at your home. As
Craig mentioned, you should check to see if the Freedom plan is still available
in your area. If you would like to set up a new service with any plan, please
call our customer service team at 855-463-9333. 
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1547 Posts
  • 885 Reply Likes
@  shadowshadefire:

I don't work for ASUS but I do like their routers.  If you subscribe to a second sat feed, you might be interested in the ASUS RT-AC68U as it will perform load balancing with dual Internet sources.  Double-speed anyone?
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1547 Posts
  • 885 Reply Likes

You get 150GB a month and can't live with that?  Do you realize most people get 10 and some as little as 5?  I holding out hope against hope that any  freedom plan comes to my beam.  Count your blessings.

Your question about 2 sat plans is do-able but that will mean 2 accounts and don't be bummed if you can't get 150GB on the second account now.  It would e interesting to see if the speed on both dishes is the same at various times of the day. 

Go your Exede dashboard and click the link for "Change my Plan" and see what is available in your area.  If you see the 150GB Freedom plan is there, call and set up a second installation.
(Edited)
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 525 Posts
  • 366 Reply Likes
As one of the people having to make do with 10 gigs, I can't imagine someone complaining about only having 15 times as much data.
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1547 Posts
  • 885 Reply Likes
Yea, it kind'a hurts.
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2575 Posts
  • 1586 Reply Likes
Very true.
Photo of Vincent Noe

Vincent Noe

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Some people do a lot of work online, that takes a lot of uploading and downloading data. They don't have Exede because they want Exede. They have Exede because the only other option is Hughes Net. Living in the country and working online tends to be expensive, but worth it.