WildBlue slower at night

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email and Support number provided for assistance. No need of further response at current time.

Last night I decided to download a 15mb app on my tablet and it took 3 HOURS. I checked the connection speed and it was at .46mbps .... yep, you read that right. I checked it this morning and it was up to 14mbps. I was happy that it went back up and figured we had just been over our data cap and this was the start of a new month. Well, tonight it's back down to .46mbps. What is going on here? Why is it SOOO much slower at night than it is during the day?
Photo of Cassie Elliott

Cassie Elliott

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Exede Lizz

Exede Lizz

• 83 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hello Cassie! have you tried rebooting your internet modem? I am not currently aware of any issue that would result in the speeds being less at night. If the issue persists please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com, and we can take a look into this matter.
Photo of fantamos

fantamos

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am still having this problem. I'm over my cap and it's still faster in the day than on the free zone. It seems like sometimes it doesn't go to full speed till around 3:30 am. speedtest at .40 kps
Photo of ExedeCrystal

ExedeCrystal

• 196 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your speed.Please contact our Viasat Technical Support Group at 1- 866-945-3258 and an Agent will be more than happy to assist you with troubleshooting your speed issue. Thanks, Exede Crystal.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.