wildblue usage meter not working

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
I have been unable to log in to my usage meter for a week now,it tells me it cannot be reached & has timed out.My internet is slowing down and I don't know if it's a usage issue or something else
Photo of Jeanie Vanderpool

Jeanie Vanderpool

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Hogwildz

Hogwildz

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Same issue here since 2/13/20. I just got off the phone with Viasat tech, and apparently they no longer have any support to offer to us "Wildblue" accounts, and want us to "upgrade", with another 2 yr contract, new leased equipment, and offered me 12 G limit when I get 17 Down & 5 up now on the old system. Not real happy after 14 yrs of being a customer. Need an alternative, but back in the woods, not many options. Was excited about fixed wireless, but no direct line of sight, so no service. Realty Ripple Satellite Restriction Meter also no longer works since it signs in to the wildblue usage page. I guess we a re fubared. If anyone has solutions, I'd like to hear em.
(Edited)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2446 Posts
  • 1448 Reply Likes
Hughesnet or Viasat.

Some people have built wireless repeaters for fixed wireless. I just dont know if that is an option for you and is rather technical.

You knew Viasat was going to pinch out Wildblue legacy customers at some point. They want customers to "upgrade" and pay more money.

Good luck!

Jeanie Vanderpool

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So we have been informed that viasat is discontinuing wildblue legacies & that we need to contact them to upgrade,but a few months ago a tech came out and said it was impossible.So I guess we will be saying goodbye to viasat,hopefully we can find something without a contract since we are moving in a few months.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2446 Posts
  • 1448 Reply Likes
Both satellite companies require 2 year contracts.

Jeanie Vanderpool

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yeah we are hoping for an alternative like through our cell phone service or something else.Very few options here out in the boondocks