Wildblue Email

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Answered
Is Viasat going to discontinue their email service wildblue this year?
Photo of Andre Terranova

Andre Terranova

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Confused

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3443 Posts
  • 1285 Reply Likes
While we no longer offer the email, those that have it are grandfathered in.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 843 Posts
  • 545 Reply Likes
Okay. The best advice I can give is to transition to another email. Use gmail or Yahoo or something like that.

Grandfathered or not, there could come a time Viasat cuts costs and quits paying this third party to provide email.

Take matters into your own hands. Dont rely on your ISP to provide your email address. You will be way better off in the long run!
Photo of aabbcc

aabbcc

• 92 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Exactly.  Never a good idea to have your main email account be the one provided by an isp.  Good isp or not, things change.

My neighbor used the dialup provided address, he got Hn in '97 or so, but kept dialup for the sat. upload.  When the two way system not requiring dialup came out, he upgraded and dropped dialup.  But, he had many contacts, so the dialup company let him keep his email for a yearly fee.  He did that for about 10 years for some reason....
Photo of Andre Terranova

Andre Terranova

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Doesn't sound good for Wildblue whom I've been with since 2008.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 843 Posts
  • 545 Reply Likes
I was with them since 2006. I dropped their email several years ago. Just not worth keeping their email address anymore. It use to be tied to Google, but then Google dropped companies from using their email platform. Viasat chose another email provider, but they have a lot of issues and from time to time it just doesn't work very well.

Just start transitioning to another email now. You will be far better off in the long run.