Wild Blue internet with DirecTV

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
My internet service is with Wild Blue, billed by DirecTV. When I call, the only message I get is that my internet is through one of your wholesale partners. Please help!
Photo of Teresa Clemmo

Teresa Clemmo

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 426 Posts
  • 274 Reply Likes
That's right...it's one of the penalties you have for buying from a third party (DirecTv)...You must call and use DirecTv  to solve any problem...That's one reason I bought my services directly from WB/Exede.
Photo of Teresa Clemmo

Teresa Clemmo

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It was the only option available through DirecTV for us when we moved. Wild Blue was (or is?, as no one can tell me). Thus, my frustration as DirecTV can't answer the question and the phone numbers to Wild Blue/Exede tell me my service is with someone else????
(Edited)
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 426 Posts
  • 274 Reply Likes
Wildblue and Exede are the same company...owned by ViaSat.

Too bad you were not better informed but since your contract is with DirecTV you are required to deal directly with them for your problems with the Internet services you have through them...that's part of the perks they received from WB/Exede for allowing them to market their internet services..

You need to call them:

Customer Service

1-800-531-5000 

General support is available 8 am – 1 am EST, 7 days a week

Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3495 Posts
  • 1307 Reply Likes
Official Response
Unfortunately with these wholesale accounts, you MUST go through DirecTV for any assistance be it billing, tech support, ect. Exede has no access or control over those accounts. 
Photo of Teresa Clemmo

Teresa Clemmo

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for the info. I will call again and ask them who they are billing me for my internet service. When we moved, there were 2 options - Hughes Network and Wild Blue. Thank you again!
Photo of Frances Foley

Frances Foley

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have been calling Direct Tv and they say they have no access to the internet part. I spoke to one person today from exede, they gave me my a/c # and said to go to exede, I have been paying 49.99 for the past 3 months, my misfortune was I did not check a/c after canceling Wild Blue on May 16th
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3495 Posts
  • 1307 Reply Likes
DirecTV only handles a very small amount of wholesale accounts. With those accounts they handle everything from troubleshooting to billing. Unless you specifically got a service like that you'll need to call us at 855-463-9333 for any Exede account questions or concerns
Photo of Julie Selenski

Julie Selenski

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I call Wild blue to try to cancel and they tell me to contact my whole seller which is Directv and it just hangs up on me. It won’t let me talk to anyone!!!! I have been getting the run around for 2 days. Directv tells me to call Wild Blue and Wild Blue says to call Directv!!
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 992 Posts
  • 492 Reply Likes
Unfortunately Julie, being a wholesale customer, we have no access to the billing on your account.  This is the main reason we can't assist you.  It must be DirecTV.  

If you like, I can confirm this for you.  Send us an email with the phone number attached to your account, the account number if you have it, and the MAC address on the modem. (look for a sticker on the back, the number will start 00:A0:BC:)
Send us this info, and we can confirm you are a wholesale customer, and that's the direction you would need to take.  
Photo of Julie Selenski

Julie Selenski

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Please explain to me what a wholesale customer is? Because no one at Exede or Directv know???
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Julie, a wholesale customer is someone who subscribes to Exede service via another provider such as DirecTV, Dish, NRTC, etc. You are billed by the other company, not by Exede and, that company is supposed to handle all billing and support issues for you. Exede does not have access to those accounts since they don't bill you for those accounts - they bill the wholesale provider for all of the accounts that provider establishes.

In other word DirecTV pays for xxx number of accounts, then bills you for the cost of one of those accounts when you get service through them.
(Edited)
Photo of Julie Selenski

Julie Selenski

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
They keep saying they can’t shut off internet service that is provided by you??? Can’t you shut it off and I will stop paying the $49.99????
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3154 Posts
  • 2030 Reply Likes
Julie, as Bev stated above, your account is under the control of whoever you signed up with, Directv looks like who you bought the internet service through. They are the only ones who can cancel your account. ViaSat/Exede cannot change anything on your account.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3495 Posts
  • 1307 Reply Likes
To answer Julie, unfortunately if it's a wholesale account (like if it's DirecTV or NRTC) we do not have any access to those accounts. So we can't even shut them off. The only entity that has access would be who set you up. If you email us we can see who that is but that's the extent of what we can do unfortunately. 
Photo of Julie Selenski

Julie Selenski

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
What email address do I have to send to, to find out who set it up for sure?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3495 Posts
  • 1307 Reply Likes
exedelistens@viasat.com keep in mind I'll need a phone number or account number and if it is indeed a wholesale account I won't be able to help you outside of seeing who the partner is.
Photo of Teresa Clemmo

Teresa Clemmo

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Good luck Julie; I’ve been round and round with this too. I pay DirecTV for the Wild Blue internet and can’t talk to anyone about it.
Photo of Julie Selenski

Julie Selenski

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The account is under [removed for security]
(Edited)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Julie, this is a public forum. posting personal information here is not a good idea. I have removed your account information for that reason.

Please sen your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com and, note the reason you are emailing them.
Photo of Julie Selenski

Julie Selenski

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you
Photo of Susie Berry

Susie Berry

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Both companies are terrible.  Signed up w/wildblue through DTV several years ago and was given https://login.directv.net URL to set up email account.  Worked fine until Wednesday, then started to receive "server not found".  I've been on the phone all day with both companies trying to find out who is responsible for the server/account, but been given the run around.  Can't get help or resolution.  DTV tells me it's WB problem, WB says it's DTV responsibility to resolve.  Apparently I'm not the only customer having this issue.