Why so slow tonight? I purchased addtional data and the speed has ranges from 65k to 105k. I'm paying extra for dial up speeds.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
A waste of money. when from completely not working to dial up speed.
Photo of Don Davenport

Don Davenport

• 8 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
  • very upset

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Don Davenport

Don Davenport

• 8 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
65k after 3 modem reboots. I an feeling ripped off.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3009 Posts
  • 1249 Reply Likes
How are you testing your speed? Java based is not accurate and, actual downloads depends on factors such as the server you connect to, hops between Exede systems and that server, how busy the server is etc...
Photo of Don Davenport

Don Davenport

• 8 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I was just using toast.net. May not be very accurate but It literally has been dial up speeds tonight. No weather issues. I have data. Just painful. Son went to a friends to do his homework because we had no internet. Basically no value at all.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3009 Posts
  • 1249 Reply Likes
Try testmy.net, it's more accurate. If it shows abysmal speeds there too, save that info and Email exedelistens@viasat.com. They can look at things from there end and see if there is any indication of a problem.
(Edited)
Photo of James

James

• 329 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
also test it using several different speed test instead of relying on 1. ispgeeks.org has a specific satellite speed test as well as few other test. speedtest.net as well, testmy.net always showed me way higher speeds than was getting, also esvt has a built in speed test you can run.
Photo of Don Davenport

Don Davenport

• 8 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Sent the email tonight. Thanks.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2154 Posts
  • 384 Reply Likes
Hi Don, Thanks for sending the email. It helps us to work with your directly.