Why is there a glitch in my email program that fails now to deliver messages to friends and relatives who have a yahoo address?

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
Photo of Connie Lee Coats Elliott

Connie Lee Coats Elliott

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • angry!

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3259 Posts
  • 1871 Reply Likes
Because the email server Viasat provides (through a third party) isn't the most robust. You would be much better off in the long run to establish an email account independent of your internet provider. Gmail and Yahoo are two better options.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3063 Posts
  • 1283 Reply Likes
Connie, that is being worked on. If you have a returned email that you sent to a Yahoo address, please forward the failure message in its entirety to exedelistens@viasat.com along with your account and contact information. That will help them get this fixed.
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2740 Posts
  • 1721 Reply Likes
Recently, the problem has now escalated to not only not being able to get the emails through to yahoo emails, but now there is no "Failed to deliver" message, so it gives one the impression that the email has gone through. The emails sent from wildblue and exede addresses are no getting to the recipients mailbox.

Therefore, there is nothing to forward to exedelistens moderators. Emails sent to yahoo addresses are now being sent through to "Email Heaven", where no one can ever see or read them.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2215 Posts
  • 417 Reply Likes
Hi Connie,  Thanks for notifying us of the difficulties you have been experiencing with Yahoo email recently. I apologize on behalf of the company, you have not been able to use it.

ViaSat is aware of the issue with Yahoo email.  We thought we had it corrected but it is not. We have an escalation in to get this corrected soon.  We will let you know when this is completed.
(Edited)
Photo of Connie Lee Coats Elliott

Connie Lee Coats Elliott

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for responding. I appreciate that. Does the glitch have anything to do with my being a longtime user of WildBlue?
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3063 Posts
  • 1283 Reply Likes
No Connie, Yahoo mail has seen fit to block the DOMAIN (entire server) our email is hosted on. Presumably because that server also hosts DirecTV email which sends out advertisements that most people mark as spam.
Photo of Rhonda Lewis Bailor

Rhonda Lewis Bailor

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am also having this problem. I don't get any notice till several days later that the messaged wasn't received.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2215 Posts
  • 417 Reply Likes
HI,  We are working on this issue.  We have our team, our email client and Yahoo working on this issue.  We hope to have it resolved soon.