• 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
See page 13 of the Exede WiFi modem user guide:

http://www.exede.com/documents/brochures/ex-wifi-modem-user-guide.pdf

Sometimes powering down, waiting and powering back up will clear any fault conditions.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3507 Posts
  • 1316 Reply Likes
Exactly what Old Labs posted. Try rebooting it and if that doesn't work call us ASAP at 855-463-9333
Photo of Philip McKenna

Philip McKenna

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Contacted Exede and they informed me they cannot trouble shoot in the rain. I guess Ill have to set here and watch my equip burn up. I unplugged modem and signal cable for 30 minutes and then plugged it all up and turned it on. Still Pulsing red.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
I'd leave it unplugged until the rain passes and, call before you plug it in so that you can talk them through what it does through power on. Maybe exactly when it goes to flashing red will help them know what is wrong.
Photo of Philip McKenna

Philip McKenna

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I live in Louisiana and rain is a way of life. Rain in forecast next 7 days
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Not far from me then (AR/LA/TX corner here) it's been pretty much overcast for two weeks, with a few breaks. No connectivity issues except when a good thunderstorm rolls through.

If the rain isn't actually falling and, you would normally be connected if the modem weren't having a problem, despite the clouds, call then. I know it can be a headache down here. Just make sure the support rep knows you aren't concerned about speed, it can be slower with our weather, you just want to connect and, would be if the modem were not having issues.
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 497 Posts
  • 167 Reply Likes
Contacted Exede and they informed me they cannot trouble shoot in the rain. I guess Ill have to set here and watch my equip burn up.
If you have EasyCare, you might want to request that a technician come to your location and look directly at the problem.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
If not, call them and tell them you want Easy Care, then, get a technician. :)
Photo of Philip McKenna

Philip McKenna

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have easy care
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 977 Posts
  • 487 Reply Likes
Yeah, even with a weather outage, a pulsing red light is a bad thing.  Call back in, or send us an email at ExedeListens@viasat.com with your account info.  

I'd also suggest checking to make sure the cable run between the modem isn't damaged somewhere, and bypassing any power strips/surge protectors.  See if that makes a difference.  

-- Exede Matt B
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
And if you happen to have off grid power (generator, solar, batter bank, etc...) Make sure the modem isn't plugged in to a battery backup or surge protector - some of those are temperamental with a modified sine wave. (Learned form experience, one of my smaller backups/surge protectors hates my generator.)
(Edited)
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 977 Posts
  • 487 Reply Likes
Excellent point Bev!  Also, solar powered systems have similar issues.  
Photo of Markgc

Markgc, Champion

• 343 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Good point Bev.    I have a Cyber Power USPS that will not work well with my big Honda generator.     The Opti UPS 1000C seems to work fine with my generator.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
The small one I have that hates the generator is a Cyber Power too. :)
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1004 Posts
  • 500 Reply Likes
Philip,

I've received your email, expect a response shortly!!

-- Exede Matt B