Why is my bill $135/month when the service that provides twice as much data is $75/month?

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
I was looking into other plans and found out the better plans cost less than what I'm being charged for mine. What gives?
Photo of Pete Esche

Pete Esche

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • going broke.

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 2509 Posts
  • 1373 Reply Likes
Yep...
Photo of MEM

MEM

• 121 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
So are you going to switch?
Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack, Champion

• 469 Posts
  • 342 Reply Likes
Not enough information given to be able to comment. 

Andy
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2574 Posts
  • 1585 Reply Likes
Pete, if better plans at a lower cost are available to you, why not just switch?
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 331 Posts
  • 220 Reply Likes
Check to see if those plans are offered in the spot beam you're in...Some plans are only offered in certain beams...also make sure those plans are offered to existing customers...some plans are only offered to new customers...Some plans require you to get a different modem and if a plan is offered on VS-2 you will need a service call to install new hardware and realign the dish..

Easiest way to check all these questions/options is to go here and enter your zip code and then click the "Existing Customer" button..

https://www.viasat.com/internet

You can also log into your Dashboard and click "See more Plans"
(Edited)
Photo of Pete Esche

Pete Esche

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes... that is what I did. More specifics... my last bill breakdown was $110 for Liberty 12. It says I can get Liberty 25 for $75. It doesn’t say what Liberty 12 should cost. I know I’ll have to call, but I’m trying to sort out if it’s worth anything at the current speeds (or lack thereof) that I’m getting.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3009 Posts
  • 1250 Reply Likes
Even if the speed nor the amount of Priority data changes, if your bill gets lower, then I'd call that a worth changing plans. Even if that's just 20.00 or so a month less, that's 140.00 a year saved and, I'm sure you can find something to enjoy that 140/year on. :)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 2506 Posts
  • 1369 Reply Likes
Definitely make the change. If they won't let you and your two year commitment is past, cancel one day, new customer next day. It will mean a new two year commitment but if you know you won't change in 2 years, save the money.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2887 Posts
  • 968 Reply Likes
With plans varying so much from place to place and at different times we don't announce plan availability. We're also very much in favor of giving folks the option to be grandfathered into their accounts but every once in a while something like this would come along. I would recommend the jump