Why is Free Zone NOT working?

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem resolved. Email provided for assistance. No need for further response.

Just to note a few things:
- HAVE Exede, Not Wildblue.
- HAVE Classic
- Free Zone SHOULD HAVE activated by 12am and ends at 5am

Yes, we hit our data cap - its incredibly easy to hit honestly, even if we are trying not to hit, it still fills up before day 15. But thats not our gravest concern right now, its our contracted Free Zone that we are NOT getting.

It is now 2:21am right now an Free Zone STILL hasn't activated. 
We already did a full reset, hell even waited TWICE as long the 2nd time before plugging everything back in. Youtube is our only indicator that the Free Zone is active, which of course we check every 20 mins, an still nothing.

Care to Explain?

And yes, we are FULLY AWARE of what we have, I saw the other posts/topics.

Update: 2:30 am - NOW it starts! Still needing an explanation though.
Photo of Gyrannon S. Valdagesh

Gyrannon S. Valdagesh

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • (WE) are feeling Cheated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3247 Posts
  • 2093 Reply Likes
Have you tried running a speed test to see what your actual speed is? Most of us find that www.testmy.net is the most accurate with satellite internet services. This will give you a better indication of your speed than checking in with Youtube.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Gyrannon,

This should be a simple fix.  We may just need to correct your Timezone.  Please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information and we can check on this for you.
Photo of Gyrannon S. Valdagesh

Gyrannon S. Valdagesh

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank You! I believe its fixed now :)

*Jumping for Joy*
Photo of Gregory Dodson

Gregory Dodson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well as of today..  I'm on CST I knew that free zone activated at 11:00PM like it usually did everyday.  I want to know why the FUCK Free Zone is not activated as of right now at 1:20AM???? This pissed me off because I'm deaf and I need to talk to my family and friends thru videophone which required high speed.  I will discuss with FCC all over DATA cap crap issues for deaf and hard of hearing customers.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Gregory,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your LNFZ.  I can definitely take a look at your account and check for any issues.  It may be something we need to contact the Technical Department with.  Please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information.  We will get this figured out.
Photo of Rob Myers

Rob Myers

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It's Monday. September 1st, 1:05am and NO LNFZ and this is NOT the first time this has happened in the past couple of weeks! And the night before last, it did not start until 1:20am!  To be honest, I am REALLY, REALLY starting to become beyond frustrated with Exede. At first, the service was EXCELLENT but during the past few months, it has went from EXCELLENT to near PATHETIC...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.