• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • pissed

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2510 Posts
  • 1545 Reply Likes
I had been having the same problem since I changed to the Liberty 12 - 50 GB plan last Friday. I have the old SB2 modem and am on beam 314. Apparently there is a software glitch that Exede may not have corrected yet.

I just got the latest modem software at before midnight last night, version UT_3.7.3.9.2, so I will see if that has corrected this rebooting problem. So far it has stayed connected for almost 10 1/2 hours.
(Edited)
Photo of gg myer

gg myer

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
How do you get the latest modem software because I think I am having the same problem. Changed plan and now I lose my connections then I guess from what you guys are saying the modem reboots and reconnects.
Photo of Steve Frederick

• 2510 Posts
  • 1545 Reply Likes
Mine came when Exede decided to update it. The normally do these update by beam, and it can take up to a month to get everyone updated.

If you send an email to the moderators at exedelistens@viasat.com they might be able to help you out. Be sure to include your account number and a phone number.
Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update Steve!  Mine was doing the same thing and after I called in a second time to support they escalated to Level 2 which escalated it to the NOC.  Shortly after that my modem did a reboot and has been up since.  Must have been the updated hitting my modem as it seems it is the same version as yours is now.

My guess is that they offered the plans before they had the updates rolled out to the Beam I was on.  Modem has been on over 3 days now so it is definitely fixed at this point.
Photo of Steve Frederick

• 2510 Posts
  • 1545 Reply Likes
My modem has been connected for almost 18 hours now, which is a new record since I upgraded my service last Friday. Hopefully things are good now. Prior to my changing plans, I would normally see 10 to 15 days of continuous online times.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2102 Posts
  • 360 Reply Likes
Hi Steve and Brian  thanks for letting us know your issue has been resolved!