why does my AT&T micro cell not work now after 6 months I have replace and trouble shot everything under the sun ????????????

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: old post

Is Exede blocking ports for this not to work ?We was told it would work with AT&T micro cell it did but AT&T say's it wont' last to variable internet speeds?
Photo of James A Barker

James A Barker

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Mad

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of James A Barker

James A Barker

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Exede has no on line tech support !!!! I have no phone to call !
Photo of Jonathan Adams

Jonathan Adams

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I'm having the same issue... I has been working for the past year, and now it won't connect at all.
Photo of Steve Pareles

Steve Pareles

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
ATT just sent me a replacement. The replacement has no lights lit at all. The technician said it would come alive after 90 minutes. It did not. Will pursue it further when they open on Monday morning.  

I am presuming it is broken from the start. Should have some sign of life...

By the way this is a Cisco unit as was the failed unit.

Steve
(Edited)
Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes

Jonathan and James -

Has anything else changed in your Exede service?  Have the speeds perhaps dropped or more latency that normal in the connections?  I am just wondering the ATT micro cell requires a VPN to connect, perhaps the negotiation of the tunnel is taking too long.  I am going to setup an IPSEC connection to my office this evening and just confirm that it works.  This would at the very least confirm that some of the needed ports are working.

I will post back in a little bit.

Photo of Jonathan Adams

Jonathan Adams

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Speed is fine.  No difference there...just stopped working last week...probably the same day as everyone else is saying.... my ping was 759ms download was 11 and upload was 3mbps.  I've done the hard restarts with the paperclip a couple times...all it does now is blink the lower green light.  I run my house phone off of the Obi200 and it works fine.  The cell connection was never great but it allowed me to answer and tell people I will call on a landline.

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
I just setup a connection to my work network using the Shrewsoft VPN client to a hardware VPN firewall and it connected and worked just fine.  The internal network addresses are in the 10.X range so they are in the 10/8 RFC 1918 network and I can work and ping just fine.  The ports used from the client to the hardware device are 500 and 4500 so it would appear at least those two ports are allowed through my Exede connection.

Brian Shackelford

• 848 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes

This is an interesting read - seems it has happened before.  Read about half of it, but seems to have been tied to a firmware update on the modems at some point.  If Viasaat recently updated modem firmware on their systems on the same day, that might explain it.  It is a LOT to read through, but perhaps someone can reference this and get the fix rolling more quickly. 

Hope this helps a bit.

http://www.wildblueworld.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-7067.html

Photo of Exede Amber

Exede Amber, Employee

• 135 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Hello James, thank you so much for posting on your experience. I am looking further into this for you at this time. I have responded to your Facebook post as well. Can you please provide me with your phone number so that I can perhaps call you today, either by email to exedelistens@viasat.com or via PM on Facebook.
Photo of Exede Amber

Exede Amber, Employee

• 135 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Hey James, I have removed your comment due to personal information. I do not have a way to direct message your phone, however we can continue to speak either by email or PM on Facebook.
Photo of Exede Amber

Exede Amber, Employee

• 135 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
James, I have done a little bit of research for us. although heavy storms can interrupt your service, we have been assisting other customers with the similar Microcell connection issues over the last few weeks. I would like to take a look at your account to make s there are no connection issues on our side. Please send me a PM or email with your contact information so I can take a look. You can also visit out forum thread below for additional information regarding the Microcell connection issues we have been investigating. http//www.wildblueworld.com/forum/showthread.php?8836-ATT-Microcell.
(Edited)
Photo of Exede Amber

Exede Amber, Employee

• 135 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Hello James, just checking with you. When you are available to please send me your account information either by PM on Facebook or by email so that I can look at your connection.
Photo of James A Barker

James A Barker

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What  account info do you require?
Photo of Exede Amber

Exede Amber, Employee

• 135 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
Hello James, either the account number or phone number that is associated to your account.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.