• 0 Reply Likes
  • concerned

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1104 Posts
  • 523 Reply Likes
Hi Lynda.

To answer your question, we'll need some more information.  Are you using an exede.net or wildblue.net email address?  Are you using the web interface, or a desktop one? (outlook, thunderbird)

If you're getting an error message, please send it to us at ViasatListens@viasat.com.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2597 Posts
  • 1610 Reply Likes
It's just a thought, but it's possible that "the bad guys" are spoofing and using your email address for spamming/scamming purposes, and if some of those sent emails go to bad addresses, the failure notices could actually come back to you, since they're coming from your email address.  They're not really coming from your address, but because of the spoofing it looks like they are. 

Let me reiterate that this is only a possible cause.  
(Edited)
Photo of Voyager

Voyager

• 850 Posts
  • 296 Reply Likes
I am not sure, but I started having a strange email issue last night. I can receive email, but I can’t send email. I get an error message saying “an address was rejected by the server.” I thought it was an issue with my email provider, which is Frontier/Yahoo, but I was away from home today and my email seemed to work fine when using wifi outside my home. After coming back home tonight, I can no longer send email so I am now starting to suspect a Viasat connection.