Why am I paying $139/mo on a package advertised for $79/mo? Where can I find a copy of my contract?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
I have the 12-25 package
Photo of Susana Della Maddalena

Susana Della Maddalena

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3302 Posts
  • 3281 Reply Likes
To the best of my knowledge Exede 12-25 has always been priced at $129.99 and doesn't include the monthly lease fee at $10.

All of the legal documents can be found at: http://www.exede.com/legal/

But none of them include pricing.

Photo of Brian Shackelford

Brian Shackelford

• 847 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Susana - I don't see any classic plans advertised in my area so I cannot speak to whatever advertisement you have seen, however if I remember properly the 79.00 plan is a 12-15 and not the 12-25 plan. I believe what your paying is the correct price for the 12-25 plan.

When you signed up they should have sent you copies of your agreement to the email you provided. You can also go to my.Exede.net and sign up and log in to view your account. Additionally is you call Exede customer care they should be able to send those documents to you. A final option would be to email exedelistens@viasat.com and include your account details, email, and phone number that the account was set up under and someone should get back to you with the information you are looking for.

If you still see that plan advertised for 79.00, screenshot it quick. I know in the plan selection box there is a bug on some browsers that if you select a different plan, the price doesn't always update on the main plan selection page. I saw the Liberty Plan and initially clicked on the selections on the main page and one time I had the Liberty 30 plan showing for the Liberty 18 price, however if I clicked back to the 18 and then back to the 30 again it changed properly.

Either way if I was to have gone forward with signing up I am sure it would have properly shown the correct amount on the agreement confirmation page.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2152 Posts
  • 382 Reply Likes
Hi Susana, The  Exede 12-25 plan costs $129.99 plus any applicable taxes. There is also a monthly equipment lease fee.  You can review your contract and your bill on myexede.net. If you need assistance, please call our customer service line at 855-463-9333 or send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information. Thanks.
Photo of Susana Della Maddalena

Susana Della Maddalena

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well, it's advertised for $79.99 on your website. Where do I find my contract? I couldn't find it under my account info online.
Photo of Jim

Jim, Champion

• 542 Posts
  • 278 Reply Likes
Please provide a link for the web-site you see this on.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2152 Posts
  • 382 Reply Likes
Hi Susana, When and where did you see it advertised for $79.99? The price has always been $129.99 for the 12-25 plan. Please send this to exedelistens@viasat.com if you would like me to send you your contract. You can view a contact at http://www.wildblue.com/legal?_ga=1.111053701.1026307360.1451490821. This is the basic contract for all customers.
Photo of Jim

Jim, Champion

• 542 Posts
  • 278 Reply Likes
Susana, You should provide information on where you live. If you are getting the Liberty 12 with 25 mbps Speedboost, it is $59.99 for first 3 months and then goes to $79.99. I think others are confusing your "12-25" plan as the 12 mbps with 25 GB data. Am I right?