When is the Liberty 150 coming to my area.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I asked this ? a few weeks ago and still have not got an answer.. I sent my info into you.. You always say it's coming in about 3 months.. that has been over 6 mo or so ago.. We don't get to stream movies, play games, listen to music, ext.. We do live in the country.. just not a 3rd world country.... Please advise..
Photo of Elaine Fields

Elaine Fields

• 9 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2371 Posts
  • 461 Reply Likes
Hello, Elaine,  We do not have a Liberty 150 plan.  We have a Freedom 150 plan.  If is not in your area at this time, I do not know when or if it will be available.  When it does become available, you will be informed.  I suggest you continue to check the website for updates.
Photo of Elaine Fields

Elaine Fields

• 9 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Yes I meant the Freedom 150 plan.  The one with 150 GB instead of the 30 GB I get for $160.
Photo of Nicholas Wilson

Nicholas Wilson

• 81 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
When I called Exede customer service about three weeks ago, the agent told me the new Viasat-2 satellite would be launched and operational this month, January.  He said once that happens Exede will offer all customers the Freedom Plan for $100 a month, including existing customers. I have been unable to confirm the launch status. I know it will be launched via Arianespace from their facility in South America. Checking Arianespace.com website shows many launches planned, but nothing about Viasat-2.  The only online estimate I could find said it was planned to launch in the first quarter of this year.  I think it may take further time to maneuver it into position and get all the systems tested and operational. I'm hopeful.
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 557 Posts
  • 395 Reply Likes
https://www.thecoastnews.com/2017/01/...

Especially last paragraph.
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2179 Reply Likes
Impressive.

"In addition, ViaSat-2 will begin to ease data caps currently in place.

Abrahamian, though, said ViaSat-2 will dovetail into ViaSat-3, the company’s most aggressive effort to date. The project will launch a trio of satellites for global coverage and could eliminate the data caps plaguing Internet satellite companies.

It will be the first satellite with one terabyte of capacity, which is larger than the more than 400 combined communication satellites currently in space."

Photo of Nicholas Wilson

Nicholas Wilson

• 81 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Will one of the Exede employees please post information or links to info about the launch and operations schedule for ViaSat-2?
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2179 Reply Likes
Here's a great site for most known launches.  You will find that exact dates are not given.  Most are TBD (to be determined).  To many variables to know more than a month out in advance.....https://launchlibrary.net/
Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 674 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
Official Response
ViaSat-2 is scheduled to launch in the March/Apriltimeframe of 2017. The satellite will be in service later in the year. We'll have more details soon!   
Photo of DAVE  W4DRA

DAVE W4DRA

• 148 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hi Alex
Will the price drop any at all? I am a disabled vet and on a fixed income. You are the only choice I have here. We have no cable, dsl, not even a decent dialup. This $120.00 a month is sometimes hard to swallow. Also my speeds here in the last couple of weeks has been real bad. It's been like 2-3 down and up has been faster like 2.5-4.0. I bypassed my router to see if it was hurting me but I got the same results. Here is a example of what I am saying. And this is a good one or should I say the best I have seen for a while.

Thanks and have a great day.
Dave
Photo of D Morris

D Morris

• 18 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
We went on the 150gb plan a couple of months ago.  We used to be on an 18gb plan.  We would occassionaly go over our allotted 18gb, but not every month.  Since we have been on the 150gb plan it takes us about TWO WEEKS to use up 150gb.  Really????  Something is wrong with the data tracking system and I can't get Exede to acknowledge it.  I have called several times and they just tell me to reset my wi-fi router and change the password.  I have done both of those and it hasn't changed anything.  I am extremely disappointed with Exede.  There is no way possible we are using that much data.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3429 Posts
  • 1284 Reply Likes
have you run a malware scan? Sometimes major changes in data can be attributed to software updates running in the background, streaming, or if neither of those are the issue some malicious program could be secretly draining data. Try our advanced usage tool https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/give-our-new-usage-tool-a-test-drive