When does my month start?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
I just signed up and realize data usage starts over each month, but is that the first of the calendar month or is it based on the day the service starts?
Photo of Jonathan Moons

Jonathan Moons

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
I think it's the first of each calendar month. 
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2940 Posts
  • 1002 Reply Likes
It's your billing date.
Photo of SJonesBush

SJonesBush

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Apparently, even when I cannot use my WiFi at home and all devices are not connected online, unplugged, no juice to flow - my data usage is GONE GONE GONE!  I think Exede need to look at offering TB plans and get rid of these GB plans because it doesn't provide enough usage before you step out your front door!
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2940 Posts
  • 1002 Reply Likes
Hi SJonesBush

We just offered Unlimited plans in most of our areas. 
Photo of Jim

Jim, Champion

• 542 Posts
  • 278 Reply Likes
It is my understanding that billing dates are about every 3 days. I have often completed installations and the customer's billing was a day or 2 later. That means they could use all their data in those 2 or 3 days and it would reset on their billing date. This has caused confusion and some irate customers when they get a first bill for a month plus 2 or 3 days without any explanation.
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 348 Posts
  • 230 Reply Likes
Your usage resets to zero at midnight on your billing date and new usage starts counting at 00:01 on that reset date.  If you log into your account and look at usage it will tell you what your reset date is....