What plan are you on and how much priority data have you used for your current billing cycle?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2916 Posts
  • 1543 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Spinninghorse VS1/B329/Freedom

Spinninghorse VS1/B329/Freedom, Champion

• 302 Posts
  • 100 Reply Likes
My profile name shows most of it and my usage 41.6 2 days before my close date. Heavier usage because I upgraded 2 phones and had apps to backup and to load up and update.
Photo of Admiral Korbohuta

Admiral Korbohuta

• 346 Posts
  • 146 Reply Likes
Spinninghorse, you're still on a Freedom plan? It hasn't become intolerably slow since the policy change?
Photo of Spinninghorse VS1/B329/Freedom

Spinninghorse VS1/B329/Freedom, Champion

• 302 Posts
  • 100 Reply Likes
With the plans that are available to me, all 'up to 12Mbps', with up to 50 GBs, I haven't heard anyone saying when they switched off of Freedom their service was screaming and the cost for those are the same I am paying now. I do have one Silver Unlimited, up to 25 Mbps, 480 dpi, for $150 available. The 480 dpi is a deal breaker and the cost for what you get, no.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1291 Reply Likes
Agreed that 480p is a deal breaker. 2002 called. They are looking for their standard definition video!
Photo of Admiral Korbohuta

Admiral Korbohuta

• 346 Posts
  • 146 Reply Likes
I was on Freedom for years and it became unusable after the policy change. It was even slow during late night/early morning hours. I switched to Liberty 50 and it has been much better.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2467 Posts
  • 1521 Reply Likes
Platinum 500, and I've used 2.5TB so far this month.   Three TVs streaming at 4K really eats up the data.  ;)  
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 364 Posts
  • 131 Reply Likes
I thought you were on 'the other satellite guys' service

I have cox cable with a 1 TB cap (150 x 10)
Sharing with two other neighbors and have never gone over 350 gigs
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 727 Posts
  • 320 Reply Likes
Used 12.67 GB with 5 days left. Red Wireless 15GB plan I pay something like $38 a month for. Once I go over I get slowed to right at 600 Kbps.
Photo of Bond

Bond

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Red, prepaid unlimited jetpack, second line so it's $45/month, less than that with discount refills.  20 down no matter what I use or the time of day.  Used about 400GB the last 30 days.

I bet a lot of people want the plan Gabe "has", probably includes a blue light.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1293 Reply Likes
Just a blue light special...
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 727 Posts
  • 320 Reply Likes
Didn't Verizon kill off the truly unlimited plans?
Photo of Bond

Bond

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The one they stopped selling May '19.  Got it, keep it.  HD streaming and no cap.

Visible wireless is about the only current offering that's close, not HD streaming, but unlimited on phone plus hotspot for $25/month with "party pay" (join with a group for that price, each get their own bill, prepaid so pretty much no risk).
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1293 Reply Likes
My plan is like Bond's. Has served me well as I stream HD content nightly with no buffering and no data penalty. Will it last? Who knows, but I dont miss satellite internet that is for sure.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2467 Posts
  • 1521 Reply Likes
I thought you were on 'the other satellite guys' service
I am.  It was just a joke.  ViaSat doesn't have a Platinum 500 plan.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1293 Reply Likes
Maybe a business plan that costs $500 though.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2916 Posts
  • 1543 Reply Likes
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1435 Posts
  • 462 Reply Likes
Unlimited. True unlimited. I have unlimited priority data left.
Photo of Wyngs

Wyngs

• 70 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Evolution. I've used less than 50% and my bucket gets filled tomorrow. :)
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2190 Posts
  • 1282 Reply Likes
There are people that still have the Evolution plan? I didn't even know it worked anymore.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2914 Posts
  • 1535 Reply Likes
Isn’t Evolution that plan that had unlimited web surfing but metered video?
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2190 Posts
  • 1282 Reply Likes
Yes.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 646 Posts
  • 608 Reply Likes
Yep, 

http://investors.viasat.com/news-releases/news-release-details/viasat-exede-evolution-first-satellite-internet-plan-offer

The first "unlimited" gimmick plan, but actually benefited subscribers who got a free ride and zero rated streaming before even TMobile offered it for a while. For them it truly was unlimited for a while. Some even got it just to have the 0300-0800 free zone which better suited their schedules. I still remember the outrage when the "detection" algorithm  changed after a few years enough to warrant this official response:

Needless to say it also started counting some web only activity as video concurrent with that change. With content provider changes now and the prevalence of HTTPS, it's even more difficult to accurately distinguish between content types. Probably even more so when secure DNS becomes the norm.
(Edited)
Photo of TheCatWillStrike

TheCatWillStrike

• 150 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
I remember Evolution. I use to be able to use proxies to watch videos on most sites at full speed.
Photo of DebG

DebG

• 32 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
I'm on the Freedom 150 GB - Boost 25 + WiFi plan.  I've used 75GB (half) of my data allowance, which resets on the first of the month.  It's not priority data; it's just a flat 150GB per month.  I stream about 4 hours of movies per day.  I'll turn on the data extender if my data runs down too fast.