What is wrong with beam 359 ?

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
I have been having problems with Area 359 from 11/2016
It is terrible from 5:30pm til around 12:30AM. I can't even watch a youtube video. 
You guys have to do something about this. Calling seems to do no good. Please see the attached screenshots for information on speeds. These are a far cry from what I am paying for.
I have been with Exede for 3 years and 10 months and I have not had this before. I have reset the modem to factory defaults and it got even slower. These test's were ran through the modem itself with no router. 3.07Mbps download is not even close to being acceptable neither is 8.56Mbps. What can you do about this? Did you oversell beam 359? I wouldn't think so because there is a lot of cable company's in this area, except where I am.

How about giving this thing a shakedown and see what's up.
Dave
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 116 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
  • PO'ed

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Gregory Davis

Gregory Davis

• 94 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
Where is beam 359? I notice that you have the FREEDOM with Speedboost? We are on beam 328 whicih to my understanding is no longer taking new subscribers or maybe when old subscribers move onto something else. Being on Liberty 18 plan and most of the time living with Liberty Pass we've adjusted and patiently waiting for the future with Viasat 2.
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
I'm on beam 305 and have had Exede for 5 years. The last couple of months I have been getting slow speeds off and on and when checked Esvt the cloud icon says congestion. Don't know why all of a sudden. 
Photo of Chuck

Chuck

• 35 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hey Dave, also on 359, lithia florida, just took exede back now that they have unlimited 30. What tool/app/site did you use above?
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3298 Posts
  • 3279 Reply Likes
That was the MyEST beta ViaSat offered to susbcribers until a few weeks ago - a replacement is in the works.  
(Edited)
Photo of Chuck

Chuck

• 35 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Got it. Thanks for quick response.